Penalized Racers Alliance

Chainguide

Reaction
There is a group of riders and drivers forming called Penalized Racers Alliance or PRA for short. It is a coalition urging action by SCORE to have a competition review of how the scoring of the 500 went down.

More details to follow as they become available

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
There is a group of riders and drivers forming called Penalized Racers Alliance or PRA for short. It is a coalition urging action by SCORE to have a competition review of how the scoring of the 500 went down.

More details to follow as they become available
So those that wernt penalized have to start there own alliance- I understand the concept, but think the voice might be listed to better if it had racers on both side of the equation.....

just my input....

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
So those that wernt penalized have to start there own alliance- I understand the concept, but think the voice might be listed to better if it had racers on both side of the equation.....

just my input....
I agree it would sound much more unbiased if it were coming from ALL racers rather than just the ones that were penalized... that way there is no room for people to say that a certain group is just "complaining" rather than trying to make a proactive effort to understand the situation.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Or they could just not cheat.

The overall 4 wheel winners of the 500 didn't have a single penalty and they proved you can win without cheating.

Chainguide

Reaction

just my input....
It's just a name, but is does cover about 90% of us. The main thing is that I doubt anyone is happy about the way things happened and now there will be a larger group to talk to SCORE instead of a couple of random individual phone calls.

I feel we all got penalized.

Chase 2

Reaction
Here is a link that can help you guys that are still upset over the 500 :help for upset Baja 500 racers

Your not going to get far with a petition that say "Dear Sal, You suck and we are pissed off at you. We want to meet with you so we can all tell you how pissed off we are and maybe even yell at you."

Seriously, rather than attacking SCORE for what they've done, you should take the same people and try to work with SCORE on how it could be better handled the next time.

I suggest that everyone who got dinged at the 500 for course deviations, spend more time pre-running to figure out how to stay on the race course rather than practicing or trying to find lines that may or may not be legal.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Here is a link that can help you guys that are still upset over the 500 :help for upset Baja 500 racers

Your not going to get far with a petition that say "Dear Sal, You suck and we are pissed off at you. We want to meet with you so we can all tell you how pissed off we are and maybe even yell at you."

Seriously, rather than attacking SCORE for what they've done, you should take the same people and try to work with SCORE on how it could be better handled the next time.

I suggest that everyone who got dinged at the 500 for course deviations, spend more time pre-running to figure out how to stay on the race course rather than practicing or trying to find lines that may or may not be legal.
Great post. Rep for you.

Chainguide

Reaction

Great humor.

Seriously, this isn't about an attack, but rather a call for collective dialogue that will better the future of Baja racing. You have to admit that this could have been handled better. If anyone thinks this is about getting caught cheating and being a sore looser, then they just don't get it. This about the guy who paid his money, did everything right and still got penalized for a defective tracker that is beyond his control. Or how about the guy who takes a line that Sal told us that was legal in the 1000 and now gets penalized an hour for the same thing? How are we to know? This is about clarity. I am not involved in persuing this for personal gain. My team still has the points lead in spite of all this. This is a matter of principle and we feel there are some wrongs that need to be righted. This is call for representation of SCORE's customers, the racers.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
the guys with that POS box not working properly should not have been penalized.
Bingo.
Our letter to SCORE regarding this was met with (in so many words) "sorry, nothing we can do about it".:confused:
So we are required to rent this self-contained unit (different than the large one you car guys use), we have no control over it, it fails, and we pay the price. ?? Not even a refund.

Chainguide

Reaction
Bingo.
Our letter to SCORE regarding this was met with (in so many words) "sorry, nothing we can do about it".:confused:
So we are required to rent this self-contained unit (different than the large one you car guys use), we have no control over it, it fails, and we pay the price. ?? Not even a refund.
FYI, the small bike boxes ping about twice as many times per mile as the bigger ones.

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
Well if your box did not work you got screwed. Come on finding faster lines for an advantage and speeding on the roads is Cheating and it was tolerated and now its not. Quit crying you cheaters stay on the course and do 55 on the pavement and fuel at your regular pits. www.im a crybaby cheater.com

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Wow B-Dub, nice response. How about the bikes that got zero deviation penalty and 110 minutes for "no hwy data"? You're calling them cheaters? That's cool of you.

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
Reaction
Well if your box did not work you got screwed. Come on finding faster lines for an advantage and speeding on the roads is Cheating and it was tolerated and now its not. Quit crying you cheaters stay on the course and do 55 on the pavement and fuel at your regular pits. www.im a crybaby cheater.com
Let's not get into all the arguments again. There are enough threads with that going on.

As stated above- this is about racers who believe the rules were not enforced fairly and they want some clarification. Simple as that.

harleys dad

Reaction
I think it is just a thousand times better to follow Letners lead and do as you are supost to like he was able to. Why not the PRA??? Face it you cheated your fellow racers and got cought, Letner didnt. As far as nuking the machine in staging as hapend to Mickeys truck, if it took the win away that would be wrong. If you kept the win as you should you got a muligan and get to follow Letners leed next time LOL

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
I said if your box did not work you got screwed baja moto man! Alot of people are telling me (ones that cant afford to pre run for weeks before the race) now that the cheating might stop they would love to race baja

rickf

Reaction
Bingo.
Tim,

I told you you've got to quit wrapping those things up in six layers of aluminum foil!:)

Seriously they need to distinguish between mechanical (electronic) failures and course deviation/speed infractions.
This is where SCORE is losing credibilty IMHO.

SPROCKET

Reaction
Dailogue with Score is whats needed, we all need to know the rules of the game. The rules have never really been enforced,and other than what I have learned over time and form other races Iam no sure what all the rules are.so it time for Score to step up and let everyone know the rules and new rules so we can all play Sals new baja game.
Clarification before the 500 would have been really nice, I believe that if Sal had said
"cut the course, speed,fuel on the highway etc and you will be penilized" no one would be crying know (ok maybe less people would be crying)

my 0.02