Penalties R they coming to the bikes for the 500

PBR

Reaction
i think it would be total bs if they penalized the 4 wheelers and not the bikes.

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
i think it would be total bs if they penalized the 4 wheelers and not the bikes.

I'm with you. I'm holding my breath in anticipation of the final outcome. Now the real question is, are the Honda Guys really as good as they seem or do creative lines help them get to the finish line faster too?

Let's also not forget that some have been known to intentionally (non-intentionally) disable a tracking device. I'm just sayin'

smitty311

Reaction
OK theres no way bar n any problem with Bikes just saying for example the JCR team to smoke Mikey and Henge . I dont have the finishing times in front of me but I think this will get interesting.

Elk Hunter

Reaction
They are coming and everyone should just take like a man. I am glad that SCORE is finally inforcing the rules. I plan to see a speeding violation.

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
Major shakeups coming with the final bike results tonight
Looks like I'm staying up late tonight.

One thing is for sure. Now that they have "Officially Scored" two classes which include the tracking violations, they MUST do all classes.

I'm just curious how they will handle trackers that are/were/became disabled during the race.

Elk Hunter

Reaction
What makes you think they will be posted tonight?

Bmello

Reaction
I'm a huge fan of Childress and Henge, but read Mikey's race report. He washes out two miles into the start, goes head on with a local...initiating a flyin W...spends time establishing International communication by being forced to B-slap a local idiot...bike won't start...so on and so forth. All the while, the clock ticks. I truly think he was jinxed as one of the threads began to label Mikey as a crasher, or something to that effect. I do understand the anticipation though. I think spectators have been waiting for this since Dust to Glory. After every finish and side-bar conversation, nobody doubts the skill, determination, or preparation by the top teams, but always wonder the legitimacy of the route taken. We'll see. I do think however, that it would be a cry in shame to be penalized due to mis-data, due to some sort of get off. Perhaps a pleasant surprise with maybe just a few pavement penalties. Good luck to everyone...V to R and the Mil !!!!

CraigChr

Reaction
what are you all running for speedos on bikes/quads? I have tried everything but they all fail in baja... the trailtech computer, the handheld GPS's... even the watch type runner GPS's don't seem to last a race.

Dezman

Reaction
It would be nice to login to IRC and be able to look at the tracks from your teams and everyone elses trackers??? I'm sure we are going to get nailed!!! Should be interesting to say the least!!!

calds650

Reaction
CraigChr you should be very worried I was following you on the IRC site and after mile 395 it had you all over the map as much as 4 or 5 mile off the course and going the wrong way. Hope it was just a web site thing.:eek:

ScottyA

Reaction
Garmin Fortrex 201 works pretty good. Get the one with the built in battery(201). The one with regular batteries turns off from vibration. (101)

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Yes the Fortrex 201 is decent and probably the most popular (and better than the 101 with replaceable batteries) but they are still crap. They can't take the abuse. Pop one open and you'll see how cheesey they are.
You can make them slightly more reliable by adding some solder or glue on the internal connections.

Some teams have extra 201's at pits located before paved sections, just in case.

Years ago SCORE painted white stripes on the Hwy at 1mi. intervals. That was super easy to figure 60 with just a wrist watch. And the lines were there a week ahead of race date so you could practice it. Recently I asked Sal if they could do that again, he said they aren't allowed to do that anymore (but they can spray paint booth outlines & numbers for Contingency on the street).
but i digress...

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
CraigChr you should be very worried I was following you on the IRC site and after mile 395 it had you all over the map as much as 4 or 5 mile off the course and going the wrong way. Hope it was just a web site thing.:eek:
What you see on the public tracking page may be way different than whats on the tracker. It will record the GPS coordinates. When the data is downloaded off the unit, google earth is not on it. They map out the GPS data according to the data that Score has.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Bike guys are such cheaters...trophy truck guys never do anything wrong

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Bike guys are such cheaters...trophy truck guys never do anything wrong
Was wondering when this subject would
rear it's ugly head over here...

And, guess what?? he did!:)