Penske 77 Pit Crew to pit for #7 today at Homestead

RGFan

How do you think this will help with morale at RGM

MIAMI - The pit crew for the No. 77 Penske Dodge of Sam Hornish Jr. will work for the No. 7 Robby Gordon Motorsports Dodge of Robby Gordon in Sunday's Ford 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Gordon is battling to stay in the top 35 in owner points, which would lock him into the fields of the first five races of 2009. He is currently 34th, 30 points ahead of Marcos Ambrose and 47 ahead of Brian Vickers, who is driving the No. 84 Red Bull Toyota in place of Scott Speed.
Hornish, completing his rookie season in Sprint Cup, failed to qualify for the Ford 400. He is locked in a competition with Regan Smith for rookie of the year, which comes down to a driver's best 17 races, plus a vote of a NASCAR-selected panel.

mgobaja

It wil either really help, or make Robbys regular feel like they are not up to par. Hopefully it will make them see that it is for a greater good, helping keep him in the top 35.

Tristar Racing

Those over the wall guys at RGM are not dedicated guys, right? I mean they have other roles with the team, yes? I think Penske specific guys that just do pit stops for all his teams. To me, I dont think this should hurt moral all that much, but I could be wrong. It should, however, result in faster pit stops. I think anyone that has watched the last few races especially can agree pit stops were hurting this team. Before the last few races though, the cars were so poor the pit crew had no pressure, haha.

kaw500

Experiment gone bad so far, losing several spots each stop, still not sure if the regulars would have done better