permanent CORR facilities

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
IS there any plan to build any more permanent CORR facilites in the near future or start using different venues? I was looking at t eh WSORR ultra 4x4 thread and man that thing would be rad to have and then have a local sportsman type series where people hone there skills and just have fun kinda like the MDR and MORE of dezert racing.

What do you think it would take to get a sportsman type series going here on the west coast?

Gregg

y2kbaja

VORRA has been running short course races at Prairie City in Sacramento for over 30 years!

inmymind

VORRA has been running short course races at Prairie City in Sacramento for over 30 years!
Hey, y2kbaja your wasting your time trying to promote Prairie City. Nobody in SoCal want anything to do with Prairie City at this point. I've posted numorse times about P.C. and there are usually no takers. The only SoCal that have made it up that Ive known are Leducs,Hubbard and Dan Cannon. Until something extreme happens, I don't think there will be any interest in it. I'm hoping that maybe the new ownership of VORRA might focus on some of the new truck classes that have come out(trophy lites,and I Think the other is called superlites). Also the State does not want anymore big events at the P.C. I talked to the man in charge of special permits and he said they would not be interested in Corr at P.C. All of us up here in Norcal know what a gem of a coarse we got at P.C, maybe in the year or so others will make the drive to come and discover it to!!:rolleyes:

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
i have been to prairie city. its a much cooler venue then Pomona or the first chula vista was. I have not been to PRimm or the new chula vista but id like to see corr races on longer tracks. if prairie city was on private lanfd and down here ithink a venue like it could attract alot of local type racing

I guess what im hopeing for is a place like RoR was but a little bigger and little better

#1PatDeanFan

Addicted to rdc
Why is it that so many people want to add tracks and races or bash CORR for what their doing? Can you guys imagine what it took for Mr. Baldwin to get NBC in on the deal???? I have no idea and I thank him for what he has done to the sport. not to bash what you guys are saying, but lets just leave it like it is! It's so rad to be a part of this!!! Lets vote for no change!!!:D:cool::D

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Why is it that so many people want to add tracks and races or bash CORR for what their doing? Can you guys imagine what it took for Mr. Baldwin to get NBC in on the deal???? I have no idea and I thank him for what he has done to the sport. not to bash what you guys are saying, but lets just leave it like it is! It's so rad to be a part of this!!! Lets vote for no change!!!:D:cool::D
whos bashing?

is it bashing to want to see these trucks run at a permanent facility that is more then what seems like 1/2 mile track.

Is it bashing to want to see more faclities thus creating a more "grassroots" level of competition. Ho did NASCAR grow? they grew by having thousands of tracks nationwide where local racers got to race and nothave to have a huge backing like CORR almost requires these days to compete in the truck and buggy divisions.

Gregg

1wayne

whos bashing?

is it bashing to want to see these trucks run at a permanent facility that is more then what seems like 1/2 mile track.

Is it bashing to want to see more faclities thus creating a more "grassroots" level of competition. Ho did NASCAR grow? they grew by having thousands of tracks nationwide where local racers got to race and nothave to have a huge backing like CORR almost requires these days to compete in the truck and buggy divisions.

Gregg
I agree with you Gregg Corr cost to much for a low budget team. Would be nice to see some tracks opened for "grassroot" racers. Or for a sportsman racer or for old racer like me to take my four seater out once and awile and race it for fun.:D

BeerRUN

just finshed the redbull X fighter freestyle event at the fort worth stock yards would be a good place for corr to come back to soldout standing room only and I thought the show was not as good as corr

BajaFand

I'm from So Cal and I've been to a couple of Prairie City races a couple of years ago. If they haven't changed the layout of the track then they certainly need to. I don't want to bash VORRA or PC, I love the fact that there is off-road racing there. But the two times I went were the most boring races I have ever been to. One descently sized jump and only one truck hitting it fast enough to catch air.

inmymind

I understand your point BajaFand, I've been to a few snore fest at P.C. too. We dont have the big dollar teams up here that SoCal has, but I've been to many P.C. races that my $10.00 paid back $50.00 in entertainment. I've also been to some Corr events that I didn't feel I got my $40.00 worth. My point is that we do have a coarse up here and with a little growth in numbers, It could be part of a great series that we all enjoy. The track issue you bring up is just a matter of witch coarse they choose to run. I've seen three different tracks ran there and some are much better than others.

Volkspower Racing

No matter what, I think they need a race in Arizona. I believe there are plenty of places to hold some great races, and the fans and racers are here to support it.

Plus it would be closer for me!

ryant35

No matter what, I think they need a race in Arizona. I believe there are plenty of places to hold some great races, and the fans and racers are here to support it.

Plus it would be closer for me!
I don't think I've ever seen someone without AZ as their location on this site say that...

I guess Arizona is better than Texas or North Carolina as suggested in similar threads.

Volkspower Racing

I don't think I've ever seen someone without AZ as their location on this site say that...

I guess Arizona is better than Texas or North Carolina as suggested in similar threads.
It would seem silly if people from AZ said we need more races in CA, doesn't it?

ryant35

It would seem silly if people from AZ said we need more races in CA, doesn't it?

Of course. That's why I would like to see a CORR race at the old MCAS El Toro base in Orange County, CA so I could go home for lunch. 10 minutes away would be awesome.

Scott Rehn

I would have to agree with "volks." I've been doing trade shows right in the heart of Phoenix now for over 2 years and the response I have gotten not only from vendors from from fans in attendance was very very positive. So YES, I too believe that there is a need for a CORR event in the Phoenix area. 2009? hhhmmmm? Any takers? ;);)

EdgeHost

The Voice
I definately agree that CORR absolutely needs to be in the Phonix area with the large amount of racers and fans in the area,It only makes sense!

welcome Scotty!

WickedGravityVideo

There can't be a permanent CORR facility in the San Diego area because as soon as Baldwin builds a track out in the back 40, The McMillins come build milliion dollar yuppie houses surrounding the track, and then said yuppies bich and moan about noise! damn yuppies anyway! Damn suburban development!

(disclaimer: not bashing Baldwins, McMillins, San Diego, CORR, TORR, VORRA, NAACP, MOR, SNORE, AA, AAA, AMA, SCORE, BORE, etc.)