Pete's Camp Poker Run

Mark Newhan

Reaction
The Navarro's are great people and the poker run is a great time. Lifeus interruptus has kept me from participating in quite a while.. I hope to be getting down there soon!!

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
Perhaps i will join you! :)

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
Course is usually 53 miles. Lunch half way, just a "few" whoops to deal with!

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
does this one go to Percebu?
No, starts and finish's at Petes camp offroad "park". It's app. 5 miles BEFORE Pete's Camp on the right (south side). Usually a clockwise loop skirting the hwy., and back to the start area.

1Rudy

Reaction
We'll be there! Running from Cabo to SF with Butches gang the week prior finishing in SF and the poker run. 6th year for us.

BGRANT

Reaction
The Navarro's are great people and the poker run is a great time. Lifeus interruptus has kept me from participating in quite a while.. I hope to be getting down there soon!!
Very good people indeed. Rafaels buddy Rob(the painter) used to work for me. It has been a long time since I was at Petes. (Paul was still around)

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
We'll be there! Running from Cabo to SF with Butches gang the week prior finishing in SF and the poker run. 6th year for us.
So you are going backwards this year? You have the nicest AlumiCrafts out there!!

charlie_brown

Reaction
how many years has this been going on? i have been hearing about this for a long time. i would like to check it out some day. does it get very crowded there?

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
how many years has this been going on? i have been hearing about this for a long time. i would like to check it out some day. does it get very crowded there?
30 years! About 300 entries, but that's a poker hand per person. @ seat, 4 seat cars etc. Not too bad. They usually let the fast cars go first, then fast bikes, down to the slower cars. Only a few guy's go out fast. Most just cruise it and have fun.

SPROCKET

Reaction
I will be heading out on friday early from San Diego. Iam taking my family and Iam looking to see if any other families are going with there kidz mine are 3 and 5. Every one of our friends is getting ready for the 1000 and dosent want to chance damage to there prerunners. If I cant find any one to travel with (buddy system for the poker run) I will take my trusty yz.

If you have a younger family, buggy/prerunner,like san felipe hit me up. We have a nice little home in El Dorado Ranch and we have a BBQ in the evening on sat after the
poker run.

peace Brett Frederickson

Attachments

Last edited:

charlie_brown

Reaction
I will be heading out on friday early from San Diego. Iam taking my family and Iam looking to see if any other families are going with there kidz mine are 3 and 5. Every one of our friends is getting ready for the 1000 and dosent want to chance damage to there prerunners. If I cant find any one to travel with (buddy system for the poker run) I will take my trusty yz.

If you have a younger family, buggy/prerunner,like san felipe hit me up. We have a nice little home in El Dorado Ranch and we have a BBQ in the evening on sat after the
poker run.

peace Brett Frederickson
that would be very cool, i would love to take my daughter but with boarder stuff going on, i have been scared to take her. this might be a good some what busy week end to take her. Hmm

ChromolyKid

Reaction
I'll be down there from Friday to Monday! Anybody sees my red and white Chevy, flag me down. I have an RDC sticker on the back window and McNeil Racing decals on the fenders. I look forward to seeing some of you all down there!

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
I'll be riding my trusty XR600. Probably the only one out there?

ChromolyKid

Reaction
I'll be riding my trusty XR600. Probably the only one out there?
Haha my dad still has his old air-cooled XR 600. It's actually a 630 now. But "trusty" is an understatement, those bikes are bullet proof. My dad will be riding his XR 650 this year. I would be too but I just sold mine to pay for truck parts :(

ChromolyKid

Reaction
It's coming up soon! Can't wait! I start my calendar on this weekend! Leaving Thursday afternoon, gonna spend the night in El Centro, and be on the beach by noon on Friday!

Who all's going down? I'll keep an eye out for ya :D

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
Leaving Friday morning, staying at the El Cortez. Brian

Last edited:

SPROCKET

Reaction
leaving thursday pm cant wait.
taking my prerunner keep an eye out for us(gunmetal grey 4 seater on 33 bajas)

Attachments