Petes camp poker run

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Are you the owner of the Dejong? Do you have any more pictures of the start? I was in a red and white Chevy at the front of the truck line.

1Rudy

Reaction
Good looking Dejong. I was the guy next to you in the red Alumicraft.:D

Pete's was a blast this year as usual, the Navarro's really know how to throw a party!

racer56

Reaction
How many Alumicrafts showed up?

1Rudy

Reaction
We had six in our crew. Four did the trip from Cabo to San Felipe the week before.

ChromolyKid

Reaction
I'm working on a video right now that has some footage of the grey Dejong and some other buggies in it. I'll post it when I get the chance.

1Rudy

Reaction
bring it on chro. looking forward to it. THX

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Before you watch it, keep in mind it's not the finished version. The one I have is 2.3 GBs and in 1080p HD, so it won't upload to youtube. I had to water it down for it to fit. However, I'm working on converting it to a medium sized video right now that should be clearer and formatted better.
I didn't manage to get a whole lot of footage, I had to go jump in my truck to start ahead of the bikes. I also didn't have time to set up my tripod because you guys took off with no warning! Haha next year though, I'll get more than one camera up on the start and film the whole thing. Hope you like the Dust to Glory theme :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m05VDWEPHjc"]YouTube - 2009 Pete's Camp Poker Run, San Felipe[/ame]

Last edited:

1Rudy

Reaction
Nice job, well done!:)

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Thanks! I put it together real quick because I didn't have a lot of video. I've been trying different ways to upload a higher quality version but youtube doesn't wanna work with me. I'll find a way eventually.

1Rudy

Reaction
We know the issue well, we have a wazzoo in car system- same issue. We just bought a Mac with video editing software at the advice of a friend, I'll let you know if we figure it out..

BSchlimme

Reaction
Thanks! I put it together real quick because I didn't have a lot of video. I've been trying different ways to upload a higher quality version but youtube doesn't wanna work with me. I'll find a way eventually.
Cool video. Keep working at it. Seems like a major time consumer every time I try and mess with it.

Pete's is always a blast!!! This year no exception.

I remember seeing your truck there at the start. That course was tight and twisting in to the food stop. How'd you do? I know we cleared off a few of the low hanging branches along the way. :D

A friend of mine said www.blip.tv allows for higher resolution. Or at least doesn't compress it as much as YouTube. Never confirmed it but I loaded a couple of the videos from a past trip up on it. Here is some in car from last year....
http://www.bfs.blip.tv/

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Cool video. Keep working at it. Seems like a major time consumer every time I try and mess with it.

Pete's is always a blast!!! This year no exception.

I remember seeing your truck there at the start. That course was tight and twisting in to the food stop. How'd you do? I know we cleared off a few of the low hanging branches along the way. :D

A friend of mine said www.blip.tv allows for higher resolution. Or at least doesn't compress it as much as YouTube. Never confirmed it but I loaded a couple of the videos from a past trip up on it. Here is some in car from last year....
http://www.bfs.blip.tv/

Cool! Thanks for the tip.
Yea there were some pretty narrow spots in the wash. I have a big dent down my driver's side from trying to pass a guy with an alternate route that wasn't so much of a trail. Haha it was fun though, I'll definitely do it again next year.

1Rudy

Reaction
Ben everytime we run that section I'm wondering about that episode... It was a blast last week running it back wards!

rayrdz

Reaction
Very cool vid
Thanks for the memories

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Very cool vid
Thanks for the memories
Thanks! Be there next year too and I'll try to get footage of more people and make a longer video. Find me at the start line and I'll do interviews or something haha

ChromolyKid

Reaction
It's been a while, but I recently got final cut pro and decided to test the waters with some old footage. So here is my updated Poker Run video, in much better quality, with a few more bells and whistles. If you don't like Papa Roach, I apologize. The song seemed fitting when I started the week-long project because San Felipe IS my lifeline or escape :cool: And yes, there are engine sounds, just nothing else :D Play it in HD if your internet is fast enough.

Last edited by a moderator: