Phoenix Desert??

Magellan

Just wondering if anybody knows of some good places in the Phoenix area to take a 4 seater and have some fun. somewhere that isnt all quad tracks.
Thanks

Only fully legal spots left in Maricopa County are those designated and posted open for OHV use. And to visit any State Trust Lands, you must first obtain a permit from the state land department. Sorry. :(

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
of course you know we want to see pics of the 4 seater right?

onebuilder

Just wondering if anybody knows of some good places in the Phoenix area to take a 4 seater and have some fun. somewhere that isnt all quad tracks.
Thanks
What type of places are you looking for???

How far do you want to go to play???

WickedGravityVideo

Scottsdale - they advertise Scottsdale as the Old West --- maybe blast out to Cave Creek -- just stay off of the tee boxes and greens!

OutlawGrl

I think out by the hasayampa just northwest of the white tank mountains. I have seen alot of four seaters out there.

PGMazzio

Start at lake pleasant and take the trip up to crown king. You go up thousands of feet in elevation and there is a great little town up there for cheeseburger and a beer. One of my favorite trips.

Wingman357

I have got some good maps from the Jeep\Hummer 4x4 Tour places. They use roads designated for OHV and ATV travel. With all the growth of the city its hard to keep track of what was and what is still OPEN.

RBFJeep

Start at lake pleasant and take the trip up to crown king. You go up thousands of feet in elevation and there is a great little town up there for cheeseburger and a beer. One of my favorite trips.
Some of us remember the Cheese Burger with the big chili from Crown king. I think it was called the "Belly Buster Burger". Top that with a beer and start heading home. A great way to forget about things you broke taking the more fun alternate routes on the way up.
Unfortunately last time I was up there the place that sold these burned down. Is it rebuilt?
Great slow speed stuff for the 4-seater, but there isn't anywhere to test out the HP.

A plus to the Crown King trip is it's in Yavapai, as opposed to Maricopa, county. But often a lot of traffic and slow on weekends.

Ghost Ranger 77

"waterhole" scottsdale rd and 101
Pinnicle peak between tatum and scottsdale
pima and dixileta trails...

eschettler

I've seen several prerunners, rails, TTs, etc pulling off of Carefree Hwy (74?), Southwest of Lake Pleasant, kind close to the 17 but don't know the details. Someone once told me some locals do some testing out there.

Carefree Hwy (74?), Southwest of Lake Pleasant,
BLM's Boulders OHV area, often crowded with ATV's. A girl was either killed or seriously injured out there recently.

Statewide, users must display new OHV registration sticker if vehicle weighs less than 1800 lb.s.

MarkAcunaOffRoad

This looks like it might shed some light on the current topic. Its also a great way to support a great off road business here in the valley.

Arizona Info Meeting

"ARE YOU LEGAL?"

"NEW AZ OHV LAW"

WHEN: Saturday, May 2, 2009 10 am - 3 pm
WHERE: Foddrill Motorsports
9299 W Olive Ave Suite 610
Peoria, AZ

PROGRAM:
10 am Show and Shine Sign Up
Buggies, ATVs, Side by Sides, 4x4s

12 noon Lunch
Hosted by Fat Cat Catering & Triple X Industries

1 pm "ARE YOU LEGAL?"
Questions and Answers
Agency Representatives
BLM, Imperial County Sheriff, AZ Game & Fish, US Border Patrol, Tonto National Forrest, AZ State Land Dept, AZ State Parks, CA State Parks
Topics:
Where can I ride in AZ?
AZ OHV law
Dunes Law Enforcement
Dunes Funding
Dunes Recreation Area Managment Plan (RAMP)

3 pm Show and Shine Awards