• Forum membership has its advantages....

Phoenix

Jimmy8

How did the inland pre runners meeting go in phoenix, and how was the extreme race at Canyon?

PMC Racing

toddz

There were quite a few folks at AOD on Friday night when I stopped in(briefly). The new shop is huge compared to the old one. The race at Canyon was very sparse on Saturday, as I assumed it would be since there was absolutely zero advertising for it. I was quite surprised to see Scott Douglas there. He looked good until his steering rack broke after a lap or two... I had a good time looking at trucks even though there was hardly anyone there. I *think* I figured out who Greg and Jen are, but I didn't go up and introduce myself.

Todd Z.

Tim

The meeting was pretty cool, I drove up from Tucson. There was a decent amount of people there even though I didn't see that much advertising or talk about it anywhere. Tim

Jimmy8

I wanted to be there but I had to be in Tucson at my cousins graduation from U of A all weekend long.

PMC Racing

Tim

Right on, thats where I go to school for now.
I had never seen the AOD shop or talked to anyone there so it was cool to check it out. The free food and drinks were nice also! Tim

JenDiggityDirt

We had such a good time...you Arizona boys are NUTS! Everyone at AOD is so incredibly cool and wow, I had no idea Mike had such a history of offroading/fabbing experience! Devon is just plain crazy and Leo was a real sweety (hope your date went well, Leo, yeeeehaw!). Everyone there was so cool. We not only met all the friends of AOD but quite a few Arizona prerunners.com readers who came out just to say hi and check out the shop...which was VERY nice. Probably THE nicest shop I've ever seen actually. We are already planning on getting back out there and maybe planning a whole WEEKEND of fun! We'll keep ya posted :) Mike is definitely going to be working with interested parties in trying to get an IP-type club going out there so if anyone in Arizona is interested in learning more when it gets more organized email me your name number, and address and I'll forward them to Mike. The Xtreme race was pretty disappointing, in my opinion. I hate to say anything bad because I really think what they are doing with their races is incredibly important and admirable. Everyone we have met from the series and it's affiliates has been just incredible. We are really fans of the whole series and the ideas behind it, but...well, I'll just leave it at that. I hope if they do Phoenix again next year they get a little "more" from the venue owner. Todd...you dork. Why didn't you say hi??? Greg & I are just about THE most approachable people there are. Next time, k? We did meet Billy Manfroy ("Are you Evan Evans?" Come on man, that was funny as hell!) and Scott Douglas gave us a "What's up" head nod as he drove by which I was all smiley about all day. We've made a lot of friends out there in the Xtreme pits so it's always cool to hang out and even if the racing/course was disappointing we still had a good time. We left Saturday...how was the racing Sunday? Going out to AOD was worth the drive in itself! Those guys seriously rock.

<font color=red>JEN</font color=red>

sbro

I agree, that new AOD shop is insane! Probably the nicest fab shop I've seen. Too bad I missed the meeting and the race, then again I heard the race was disappointing. We just went and played in the dezert with all the AOD guys on Saturday.

scott

Scott Douglas>>>> Saturday 2 laps broke, with steering box, Sunday though Lapped everyone and was smokin..... Jimmy O'neal won his Class, Brian Cavitt won