Phoenix....

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
Welp, I moved to Phoenix this weekend... and it SUCKS! Havnt seen ONE nice truck since Iv been here. Anyone from around here know of any good riding spots, some more popular ones?

<font color=red> Real Chicks drive sticks </font color=red>

CanyonMan

Reaction
Me and my girlfriend hit trails near lake Pleasant north of PHX. There are several people on these boards that live in PHX and should be able to help you out. I actually live in Tucson so my knowledge of where everything is isn't the best.

Lyrch

Cryo_Science

Reaction
well, i just moved from phoenix about 2 months ago. Phoenix has some nice trucks, just cruz down Mill avenue which is near ASU. Scottsdale if you're in the southern part of phoenix, and if you're in the northern part, cruz bell road. you're bound to see some decent trucks.

Preston Young
Vice President
Cryo Science
Preston@cryoscience.com
(760) 532-3077

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
Yeah, I live off Bell, Iv seen about 3 decent trucks. So far nothing worth even looking at though. I was very surprised I thought there would be more. Everyone and there mom has bikes here and everyone rides but no "prerunners"

B Hansen

Reaction
Where on Bell, I live on 91st Avenue and Bell. The only place I've found that has "whoops" and other desert racing features is Sycamore Creek, about an hour from my side of town. There are supposedly more areas around Lake Pleasant, but I haven't gotten a chance to check that out yet. PM me for my number if you ever want to go out to the desert.

99 Ranger 4.0L 2WD

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Do you AZ people go to the IN N outs, out there, I was there like 2 yrs ago at the one on bell I think, crazy! It was packed all the time and out the door packed, even had a full time sherrife that sat out side.

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
Yeah Crazy is the word to explain it!! Thats funny cause I was just thinking about that....The In N Out by my house is ridiculous!

B Hansen

Reaction
The one on Bell just opened a month or two ago... it is literally right down the road from my house, is caused such a traffic problem right on Bell and the freeway, not smart. In N Out is a novelty here, I love it...
And back to places to ride... anyone know exactly how to get to any Whiplash courses, mainly the one by Lake Pleasant?

99 Ranger 4.0L 2WD

Dillon

Reaction
You have no idea how you miss In-N-Out till you leave it. I'm in Oklahoma right now (military) and any common ground with anybody from California is always In-N-Out.....then we all just cry and stare at the cows....damn! lol

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
not to hijack any more but a buddy of mine is posted or was in utah and for his birthday we mailed him a number 1 combo with a bite out of it, he was depressed. It is like Mcdonalds in Japan the whole time i was in the long line everyone was a first timer and couldn't wait till they got it. And if you notice all the ones out of state have the Secret menu too.

Why don't you just call whiplash for the maps?

geoff

Reaction
sorry, phoenix is pretty lame =(

there are a few idiots for sure. most of the prerunner guys out here are clowns.

there is a cool sand car presence, i own a shop where we do a bit of fab on some of the local sand draggers' cars but overall the scene is pretty lame.

Sycamore creek is the only decent semi-local place, but otherwise go for a drive. Out near the skatepark at thrasherland is some space to go play around in.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." -- Willy Wonka

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Re: sorry, phoenix is pretty lame =(

you mentioin that you do work on Sand Dragers or am I reading it wrong, if so what kind or who. just wondering if you work on any of our racers?

murphco

Reaction

if you think phx sucks go north about 140 miles.prerunners don't go over very well up here.that truck is two wheel drive?you can't lift a two wheel drive.who makes those air shocks?you don't have a gun rack.who stole the bed?are these fenders plastic?the cool thing is our property backs an ohv area.lots of green quads with racks.but i do remember driving to barstow for the in-n-out urge.

aligned by laser,adjusted by hammer.

B Hansen

Reaction

Are you talking about Flagstaff?? I go to school at NAU, my truck doesn't fit in so well up here... haha

99 Ranger 4.0L 2WD

murphco

Reaction

yes iam ,is your truck white?

properprerunner

Reaction

I guess I am a resident clown. There are some nice prerunners around here, you just have to know who to hang out with. True, Phoenix is not like Orange county where every kid has a bolt together " prerunner". Unfortunatly the mentality around here is rock crawler fab. Where is there a area close to LA to go off road? Barstow? Occotillo? There are some good places to go here, not to mention Parker, Gila Bend, speedworld, Canyon raceway, Ajax and 99th ave. Check out www.goazriding.com.
I have helped build some nice trucks here. If you want to see some good prerunners PM me and you can come see mine and I'll give you some people to contact. I can also help you build your prerunner if you need.

B Hansen

Reaction

Yeah that's me... I'm never really here on the weekends though, I'm down in the desert where I belong... haha... you don't have that white F-150 do you?

99 Ranger 4.0L 2WD

murphco

Reaction

negative,mines black with coil overs in the front leaves and 2.5's in the back.i'll get a couple of the guys together and go out some time.there's a fun little 4 mile whoop section behind the house.look arkund for phil,he's in a yellow toyota extra cab with kings,caged.

B Hansen

Reaction

My trucks nothing special, but that sounds like fun... That's odd, I haven't seen any desert truck up here, except a single cab white beamed F-150. I'll PM you with my cell number and we can check out that road.

99 Ranger 4.0L 2WD

toddz

Reaction
And back to places to ride... anyone know exactly how to get to any Whiplash courses, mainly the one by Lake Pleasant?

The Whiplash motorcycle course near Lake Pleasant is between either milepost 10-11 or 11-12(can't remember which) on the Carefree Highway(Hwy 74) between Lake Pleasant and Wickenburg. Watch for a dirt road on the right as you're headed west. Head back in a mile or two and you'll be on the course.

Todd Z.