Phoenix

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
Dang... its kinda crazy to see Terrible Herbst on the side of RG's car!

Chris Tobin

RDC Crypto
Where'd you see that Mike? Post pics or a link...

Chris Tobin

RDC Crypto
Thanks, it doesn't look too bad... But it ws kinda hard to spot RGs car out of the 3 or 4 bright orange ones at Daytona on TV... I'm sure the slower speeds of Phoenix will look better and be easier to spot!

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
Shouldn't be too hard.... it'll be the one running sweeps near the rear! LOL

Chris Tobin

RDC Crypto
Shouldn't be too hard.... it'll be the one running sweeps near the rear! LOL

OUCH!!!! What happened Mike did someone pee in your Cherieos???

Doesn't RG run pretty well at Phoenix usually???

Has anyone heard if he has changed his race schedule and plans at all yet, or if he is thinking about it with the decent position he currently has?

randy s

RDC Crypto

Has anyone heard if he has changed his race schedule and plans at all yet, or if he is thinking about it with the decent position he currently has?
a good solid daytona run may have been just what the doctor ordered. he knows he could just as easily gotten a top 5 or maybe even better. confidence is huge. especially for the crew. they did well. wonder if this is a one race deal for terrible. maybe someone stuck on the steeker as a joke. ha ha. what's a basha?

JRod

fast-aid.org
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fast-aid.org

RG got his first Indy win at Phoenix, but his cup program has struggled, despite him claiming the car needs to be set up like the corners are road-course corners.... And bashas is an Arizona grocery chain- they actually setup a giant grocery store out at PIR, which becomes the 3rd or 4th largest population in AZ on race weekends I believe.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
a good solid daytona run may have been just what the doctor ordered. he knows he could just as easily gotten a top 5 or maybe even better. confidence is huge. especially for the crew. they did well. wonder if this is a one race deal for terrible. maybe someone stuck on the steeker as a joke. ha ha. what's a basha?

Randy, RG's marketing strategy for Speed Energy is to give advertising on his Cup and off-road cars to distributors and retail chains that are giving shelf space and buy inventory of SPEED Energy. So example is Bashas grocery store chain. They have something like 160+ stores in Arizona and New Mexico and they have agreed to give shelf space in the energy drink isle for SPEED Energy. I am assuming Herbst have done the same with there convenience stores. A grocery store chain back East called Harris Teeter is selling Speed Energy and were on the Daytona car. The Bud Light sponsorship on his TT at Parker was because the Budweiser distributor in the Parker area has picked up Speed and will distribute it in the stores they are contracted with. I have heard the toughest part about selling a food product is getting shelf space in grocery stores.

bajaherbie

RDC Crypto
there is a rumor that Dolly Parton is buying 3 chain stores, Big Lots, Piggly Wiggly, and Harris Teeter's....

she is going to combine them all and change the names of the stores to Big Wiggly Teeters's.

randy s

RDC Crypto
so it's a business strategy and really has nothing much to do with whether or not the herbst boys like rg or not in a personal sense or because of some off road fraternal bond. it really helps people who live outside of arizona or nevada or back in the south east to understand whats going on. i knew terrible was big in nevada but the immediate connection to me was more from the off road racing connection or perspective. so shelf space at basha's and herbst is the trade off for sticker space on the racecar rather than monetary support straight up. sounds like a good deal for all . thanks for the clarification .

randy s

RDC Crypto
so we shouldn't be surprised to see perhaps a von's or ralph's super market sticker on rg's car at the california race? or when the las vegas race comes around, bigger terrible stickers on the car where primary sponsorship stickers usually are placed? i think rg ought to put a small golden state gas station sticker on the car at california for phantom lightings' early support of "speed" energy. that's the first place i saw that stuff. bought one there too and i thought it sucked but i don't like energy drinks anyway so...

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
Haha no CT... I'm just trying the reverse psychology thing. :)

spalind

RDC Crypto
Website
www.nismostuff.blogspot.com
My goodness...look at that...RG ran 9th in the first practice, not just his highest speed but his overall average was pretty good too...shouldn't have been testing his qualifying trim as he's locked in...

Now look for RG to get too confident and wad the car up in the 2nd practice or qualifying tomorrow....

RGFan

RDC Crypto
RG got his first Indy win at Phoenix, but his cup program has struggled, despite him claiming the car needs to be set up like the corners are road-course corners.... And bashas is an Arizona grocery chain- they actually setup a giant grocery store out at PIR, which becomes the 3rd or 4th largest population in AZ on race weekends I believe.

RG actually finished in 14th last year in this race if I remember correctly, he was on the lead lap and got tons of recognition from DW throughout the entire race.

randy s

RDC Crypto
what a farnering mess. rg caught up in the carnage asada burrito that takes out half the field. don't know if he'll get back out as of now, but damn......