Photo Enforced speeding ticket in Arizona

cbsdd

Reaction
Does anyone know what happens if you don't pay a Arizona photo speeding ticket if you live in CA? Do they send it to the DMV & fine you some more? thanks.

Reaction
Ask Dan200 for confirmation, but I believe if you only got flashed, and have out of state plates, you never received a ticket. Right? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)
Right?

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
The state has to show you were legally served. Step one, regular mail and hope you answer. Step two, certified mail (I think) and hope you sign for it. Step 3, hire a process server who tracks you down.

They have either 90 or 180 days to legally serve you the citation and file it with the appropriate court.

cbsdd

Reaction
Sweet thanks for the replies. I just won't answer the door for a couple of months.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Cut and pasted from here.... http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...53-az-arizona-photo-radar-get-out-ticket.html

First the disclaimer. I am not a lawyer and this is not to be
construed as professional advice. I am a citizen of the USA and
a resident of Arizona who is staunchly opposed to "big brother" photo cameras and video recording on public highways.

I am opposed to funding the state government coffers with this "program".

For anyone who has been victimized with one of these gifts of government, here is how to get out of the ticket and exercise your rights under the law:

First, don't speed. Not getting a speeding ticket is the best defense. However, on an empty road the Arizona Statutes regarding speed are clear -- photo radar ignores what the law says. So if you get one of these tickets in the mail .... try the following:

1) Don't pay it. Convince yourself that you never saw the ticket -- yes, it was mailed to some address in the Cayman Islands.

2) After 30 days, tell everyone in your family "DO NOT OPEN YOUR DOOR WHEN THE DOORBELL RINGS". This is the process server. The PS needs to give you the service IN PERSON -- he cannot leave it on the door.

3) The PS will try to get you at the address on your license (OR) the registration for the car. At both locations, you cannot be answering doorbells!

4) Avoid doorbells and strangers for 120 days. If you aren't home and your roommate answers the door you have been served so noone at yer house can answer the door for the guy either....

5) After the 120, ticket will be dismissed. You can check most circuit court dockets online to see the dismissal.

6) You win, the government bureaucracy LOSES.

Photo radar is bad for America.

more info here.... http://www.radarbusters.com/beattickets6article.cfm

99% of out of state people are never chased down.

Do your own google searchs on the topic... there is lots of info out there...

IMO you are probably off the hook. Good luck, Fight the Power!

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
This is another reason why I have a PO box. Wyoming Has to allow them on your registration and drivers licence due to the fact the us mail will not deliver mail to every person at the top of every dirt road in the state.:cool:

cbsdd

Reaction
Thanks. It is pretty jacked up getting a ticket like this especially when you're the only one on the road and it's 130 am. I can imagine how well these money making machines would go over in so Cal. - Would prob get shot up within the first week.

Reaction
Would prob get shot up within the first week.
They've been repeatedly vandalized here, and one mobile unit got shot up with an operator inside - killing him.

Riverside had 'em for awhile but they went away?

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
Had the photo strobes get me twice in AZ , December and Jan.. thus far no ticket in the mail.. had to be me as no other cars and at night plus I was 80 ish.......CA plates..

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
DO NOT login to the website to look at your photo.
Kartman are you sure about the Login thing. I heard it doesnt matter if you do...

I wasn't gonna anyway for fear of it being able to prove i got the letter but some radio DJ said it didn't matter.

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
Kartman are you sure about the Login thing. I heard it doesnt matter if you do...

I wasn't gonna anyway for fear of it being able to prove i got the letter but some radio DJ said it didn't matter.
Im not sure but common sense tells me if you login with your citation number then they know you received it.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Now thats the place to get your legal advice.......
Trust me. I got a better legal hook up than that...:D

Im not sure but common sense tells me if you login with your citation number then they know you received it.
Thats what I thought also but I don't know for sure. I just did my 4 month hide from the process server guys and really wanna see my video/pic though. In the pic in the letter that I "never got" my gps that sticks to the windshield blocked half my face from the camera. I was wondering if that had something to do with them not continually trying to serve me...

Just curious...

Thanks

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Then by all means login the next time you get one and tell us how it works out for you.
HAHA Nah... I am not curious to pay 181 bucks. I do hear they are putting in new camers along the "light rail" that are to catch the guys who go left when there is no green light but there is no train either. Supposedly these will also cite folks with expired registration also.

Good thing this is a safety deal and not some money grab...HUH?