Photo Forum

Buss Sports

Reaction
Website
www.busssports.com
It seems like after every race, there are so many racers wondering if all the brave photographers out there got any shots of them.
I see a few photographers posting some shots and links but it still seems really difficult to trace down a particular vehicle.
I've tried searching on Google, Facebook or the race organizers websites with little luck.
I think RDC should have a dedicated category for photographers to post and link for easier access to find photos.
I know there are some great photos out there but just can't find them.
What do you think?

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction
Some photographers start their own thread after a major race. We don't mind that as long as the watermarks and sales angle of said photos is kept low key. If it ads value to the forum we are ok with it.

Ideally all photos get posted in one consolidated thread and photographers within take request to post requested vehicles.

mwilsonphoto.com

Reaction
Website
www.mwilsonphoto.com

J Prich

Reaction
Just throwing out ideas but...maybe a sticky for say a week or two weeks or something after each major race where photogs could post links to their stuff? Does seem to be a chronic issue. The link between photogs and customers post-race can be challenging.

I know there is usually a self started thread by the enterprising photogs here and there but if there were an instutionalized post-race thread after each race it might help consolidate all that stuff?

T Pacheco

Reaction
It would be nice if the promoters posted a list of the registered photographers and their websites when they post the results after each race. Are there any good reasons why that doesn't happen?

RothShockService

Reaction
Some photographers start their own thread after a major race. We don't mind that as long as the watermarks and sales angle of said photos is kept low key. If it ads value to the forum we are ok with it.

Ideally all photos get posted in one consolidated thread and photographers within take request to post requested vehicles.
Thats what most people tend to do i think thats just what i did and then sent them out for free through RDC

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
Website
www.getsomephoto.com
It's been awhile since I've posted photos here on RDC, just never got caught back up after my Pop passed back in March. We have photos from every SCORE and BITD race and we do our best to shoot everyone. We have current SCORE races up on my site but still have to get all the BITD images up. V2R is up if you care to check it out.

martein

Reaction
Make the post a sticky for 1 week that will encourage the photogs to get the pictures up faster when people are still interested. The teams get to see images when the race is fresh in their mind and the photogs sell more because there is still some race buzz in the air. Sounds like a win win to me.

Jim Ober

Reaction
With some promoters, getting an up to date entry list can be a problem.
That slows down the process.
Also, many (most) times, the relationship between photographer and promoter is not the best. Photographers don't like to be charged for the privilege of shooting pictures and a lot have quit the business because of that. Also, promoters have to pay the BLM insurance based on how many photographers will be on the course, so that's a problem too. In Mexico, SCORE charges photographers for shooting, while Juan and Jose are standing next to you with a can of beer and an iPhone shooting all they want for free.
Also, most photographers have real jobs, so they don't have time to spend on the computer putting names on all the photos so it makes sense when the photos are posted in galleries. So they get behind and don't post in a timely manner. Many don't make a dime, because drivers, pit crews and fans just want to look at the pretty pictures and don't spend any money. It costs $$ for gas, hotels, and paying photographers to go out on the course and give up their weekends.

Jim Ober, Trackside Photo
www.tracksidephoto.com