• Forum membership has its advantages....

photos from trackside

jimpat

i just received a photo that i paid 17$ for and it is a computer printer photo and the quality in not near as good as the real photos. It just is not worth 17$.
Are all the picture people going digital?
If so it will be the end of good clear pictures.

fall down seven times, get up eight!!!!!

DailyPedal

In response to your question, yes, everyone will be going to digital. Almost every photo printed in sports magazines and newspapers originated from digital cameras so it is possible to create photo quality images from digital. I don't know what equipment Trackside uses so I cannot comment on their cameras or peripherals. You may want to check with them, to see if they are shooting negatives then scanning to digital to cut print cost to the consumer. If so, you might be able to buy the images burned on a CD then take them to a photo lab for high end processing. Although I understand your statement regarding the clearity, the quality has come a long way and will continue to improve to negative film type standards. If you have any other questions, let me know

JenDiggityDirt

JIm...as far as I know Trackside uses "real" film for their photos. Not sure why you would get something that looked crappy but I'm sure if you talk to Mr. Ober at Trackside he will take care of you!

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

pjc

Chairman
ORC has always been digital. We work closely with our printers and have not too many problems. The high-end digital cameras like the Nikon D-1 take superb photos and expand the photography venue because you can literally shoot with unabatted freedom, taking thousands of photos at a single event.

We have expanded many shots to full poster size. We were impressed and the customer was very happy. Another good aspect of digital is the use of non-fading, long life printer ink and dies. Our printer tells us that the prints will hold their color for 50+ years.

Best of all, this is a technology that is just emerging out of infancy. It has a very long way to get batter than it already is.

Cheers

PJCinLV
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com>http://www.off-road.com</A>
Hated by Eco-Freaks and Bob Yen.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
IN REGARD TO YOUR QUESTION. I TO DO COMPUTER GENERATED PHOTOS OFF OF 35MM FILM BECAUSE OF COST. AT LAB PRICES IT'S GETTING TO HARD TO GET RACERS TO BUY PHOTOS BUT WE WILL NOW BE OFFERING THE CUSTOMER THE CHOICE JUST THAT TRUE LAB PHOTO PRICES WILL BE HIGHER. THAT'S BECAUSE WE PAY MORE. ALSO I HAVE HAD NO COMPLAINTS YET ABOUT MY COMPUTER PHOTOS. MAYBE YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT SWITCHING WHAT CAMP YOU PURCHASE YOUR PHOTOS FROM.

SINCERELY,
BOB BOWERS.
DIRTWORKS PHOTOGRAPHY
members.tripod.com/dirtworkspics

Attachments

Klaus

Administrator
35mm vs. digital...I tuely believe that a 35mm is superior to any digital picture...even the D1. Nothing like blowing up a negative to a huge poster and seeing all the details. Unfortunaly development of film costs money and if the main objective is web a digial is the cheaper solution. We shoot [email protected] Not good enough for any print in my opinion but perfect for the web.

PJC, what res do you shoot your standard pix at ?