%% PHOTOS %% Legacy Battleground at Primm

bobylax

RDC Crypto
Here's some action from Qualifying and Saturdays racing from Primm.
DSCN4879.JPG
DSCN4887.JPG
DSCN4891.JPG
DSCN4894.JPG
DSCN4905.JPG
DSCN4924.JPG
DSCN4999.JPG
DSCN5089.JPG
DSCN5108.JPG
DSCN5185.JPG
DSCN5452.JPG
DSCN5475.JPG
DSCN5661.JPG
DSCN5709.JPG
DSCN5769.JPG
DSCN5785.JPG
DSCN5934.JPG
DSCN6045.JPG
DSCN6096.JPG
DSCN6155.JPG

bobylax

RDC Crypto
Due to the lack of interest for photos I post up, I think I'm going to leave the camera home at future races I participate at and just sit back and enjoy the show, and concentrate on my course worker duties. It's a lot of work shooting pictures while recording numbers, editing and posting up requests, but I've loved doing it! Thanks to all that have enjoyed my photos over the last 12 or 13 years, and those that have left me "likes". See you all at the races.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I really enjoy your photos and thankful you take the time. It great to see the race vehicles and who was there. I can never remember numbers or names but I remember what a truck looks like so this is always helpful for me.

How can we support you other than likes?

That last one Fox is way cool. Love the front tire up.

Mike

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
I always Always always pop into these threads and scroll through the photos. I’m always working the races and Bob/rob always gets bad ass shots from his checkpoint locations. We respect the hell out of you rob and you are one of the most loyal and loved people at the races 🙌🏻

nickc313

RDC Crypto
I really enjoy your photos and thankful you take the time. It great to see the race vehicles and who was there. I can never remember numbers or names but I remember what a truck looks like so this is always helpful for me.

Mike
Probably by emailing him that you want to purchase the pictures he got of you/or ones you like then get roped into buying a couple hundred bucks worth of said pictures 😎

bobylax

RDC Crypto

Mike
Thanks Mike. Taking pictures and sharing them here has always brought me some joy. I can't race anymore, and though being a course worker and volunteer gives me my dirt addiction fix, some days are pretty exciting, but mostly sitting watching cars go by. So I decided to grab my camera, and found some of my shots from some not very exciting checkpoint locations came out pretty good. I am nowhere close to being a professional photographer, I do it as a hobby, and to break up the slow times at the races. You guys do all the work, I'm just fortunate enough to have the chance to be out there and capture your battles with the desert and each other. I was just a bit disappointed with the work put in to only have 120 views after a week. This has always been a great platform to share photos and stories, and I'm not sure why, but in the last few years, participation in threads has declined considerably, and there are fewer people participating like they used to. I remember when there would be 8 or 9 page threads on the Parker 425 or the Mint, and I'd get 2 or 3k views for my pictures. After just 120 views I thought what's the point if no one's looking. I've got some positive feedback, so maybe I'll bring the camera along just in case I get the urge. Thanks again for your comments.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Thanks for taking the time to explain.

It does seem to be slow around here. I am surprised how many people read these threads and will not comment. Maybe because they see how bad I get beat up. LOL When I am at a race I get a lot of guys that come up and introduce themselves and say they would never post on here.

The small numbers at races and the dilution has really taken its toll. Both recent BITD and Legacy races had horrible numbers, the lowest I have seen. So for a thread like this there isn't much demand.

Just not going to see a race with 40 spec truck anymore. The Mint may have a chance and KOH should bring some big numbers.

Your photos are some of the only ones we see. The rest of the guys taking photos are doing it to get paid (nothing wring with that) but they don't seem to share many.

Mike

bobylax

RDC Crypto
Probably by emailing him that you want to purchase the pictures he got of you/or ones you like then get roped into buying a couple hundred bucks worth of said pictures 😎
I shoot and share because I enjoy it. I'm a hobbiest, I have a Nikon Coolpix Autofocus P-510 camera in one hand, and a pen for my scoresheets in the other, and if I happen to get a cool shot in the process, I like to share it. The likes show that people appreciate I'm out there, and I appreciate their recognition. I've never asked for a dime for any of my photos, nor do I intend to, then it would be work! If I can achieve my course working duties, and snap a few pictures to share in the process, I'm fine with that.

nickc313

RDC Crypto
I shoot and share because I enjoy it. I'm a hobbiest, I have a Nikon Coolpix Autofocus P-510 camera in one hand, and a pen for my scoresheets in the other, and if I happen to get a cool shot in the process, I like to share it. The likes show that people appreciate I'm out there, and I appreciate their recognition. I've never asked for a dime for any of my photos, nor do I intend to, then it would be work! If I can achieve my course working duties, and snap a few pictures to share in the process, I'm fine with that.
I appreciate you taking, and sharing, your photos.
It has become quite rare that photogs take pictures just to share what they are out there capturing versus trying to make a quick buck these days.

It’s seems MANY forums are slowly bleeding out these days. Set up an Instagram to share your photography from the races and build up a follower base that way. The days of people logging into forums and having valuable discussions and sharing great information are dying due to the instant gratification and convenience of Instagram/tik tok/Facebook and all that other sheet out there.

Good luck and do whatever makes you happy man 👍🏻

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Not sure the photographers are just out to get a quick buck. That’s their job and profession and they work very hard for it. Many of them do it very well and earn what they get paid.

Love these photos and really appreciate the effort. But don’t take away from the pros that put food on their table providing racers with great images and packages. When I pay a pro photog I get a ton of images from all over the race course.

Mike

Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com
It’s seems MANY forums are slowly bleeding out these days. Set up an Instagram to share your photography from the races and build up a follower base that way. The days of people logging into forums and having valuable discussions and sharing great information are dying due to the instant gratification and convenience of Instagram/tik tok/Facebook and all that other sheet out there.
I think you are about 5-10 years late on this comment regarding RDC specifically. IG is great for sharing content but one important thing to remember is that you are the product on those platforms and technically you own nothing once its posted...
We did see a decline in posts and new user signups years ago when FB and IG took off, but not as drastic as many other forums. And in the last 1.5+ years we've seen a steady rise in traffic and users signing up. Most likely because of the censorship and other BS going on with most social media. There are many people not logged in that browse RDC daily as well.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com
I think it's great that you have been posting photos from all of the races you go to. We appreciate anyone that shares photos in here for our forum users and guests that browse the site. We work with many great photographers that create content for us, but this forum is also user driven. Thank you for your contribution!

nickc313

RDC Crypto
I think you are about 5-10 years late on this comment regarding RDC specifically. IG is great for sharing content but one important thing to remember is that you are the product on those platforms and technically you own nothing once its posted...
We did see a decline in posts and new user signups years ago when FB and IG took off, but not as drastic as many other forums. And in the last 1.5+ years we've seen a steady rise in traffic and users signing up. Most likely because of the censorship and other BS going on with most social media. There are many people not logged in that browse RDC daily as well.
Curt, you could have thousands of new users on this site but if no one posts anything or discusses in the topics, what’s the point of a forum?

Sure, there is tons of valuable information archived on this site that I would imagine most of those new users have created accounts for- in order to unlock or see those posts/images.

They obviously aren’t creating accounts to participate actively in this forum as it’s the same 6 people commenting on every post lol.

I can promise you when people want to see pictures of the last races they are not running home and logging onto rd.com. They’re swiping away aimlessly on Instagram to see all the action on their drive home, hence why I recommended OP to take his hobby there. I can almost garuntee he will get more likes, comments, followers and overall engagement on that platform versus this forum. Just my 0.02

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Not sure about that. usually the first to post pics from a race is RDC. They also post on IG but you can see them on here as well.

But I agree with you not much engagement on here. But I do feel like its a quality vs quantity here on RDC. When you read a post on IG its a mess and most are just random idiots posting. At least here we have racers that are idiots posting. So its a more qualified group of idiots.

Mike

Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com
Curt, you could have thousands of new users on this site but if no one posts anything or discusses in the topics, what’s the point of a forum?

Sure, there is tons of valuable information archived on this site that I would imagine most of those new users have created accounts for- in order to unlock or see those posts/images.

They obviously aren’t creating accounts to participate actively in this forum as it’s the same 6 people commenting on every post lol.

I can promise you when people want to see pictures of the last races they are not running home and logging onto rd.com. They’re swiping away aimlessly on Instagram to see all the action on their drive home, hence why I recommended OP to take his hobby there. I can almost garuntee he will get more likes, comments, followers and overall engagement on that platform versus this forum. Just my 0.02

Why not do both? If he or anyone else is going to shoot photos its not hard to post on a forum and IG, plus you get both audiences. Also IG only allows 10 photos per post so there's that problem if you want to share a ton of photos. And it's not easy to get followers like it used to be. When I bought the Off Road Action website the Facebook account quickly grew from under 10k to 100k within a year or two. That was back in 2012/2013. Then Facebook changed their algorithms and whatever else behind the scenes and the growth suddenly stopped because they wanted you to pay for likes. And its been hovering around 100k for a few years now. I've noticed the same on IG since FB bought it. And similar situations for the RDC and Dezert People social accounts.

I agree that many people sign up here and don't post, or it takes awhile for them to start posting. You don't need to be a forum user to browse these threads but there are a couple areas like Purple where you need to be.

I'm sure you know this but RDC is not just a forum. We have tons of great content on the homepage (race coverage, feature vehicles), plus results/maps(yes those are in the forum) and the classifieds. Many people browse those daily and don't participate in the forum.

Last edited:

nickc313

RDC Crypto
Not sure about that. usually the first to post pics from a race is RDC. They also post on IG but you can see them on here as well.

But I agree with you not much engagement on here. But I do feel like its a quality vs quantity here on RDC. When you read a post on IG its a mess and most are just random idiots posting. At least here we have racers that are idiots posting. So its a more qualified group of idiots.

Mike
Brooooo, there are so many IG accounts that REVOLVE around racing these days. You can get live streams and IG story videos of a crash before the driver even knows they have crashed these days. RD is not the first place to have the highlights/photos/excitement by any means.

Sure, some photogs will post here afterwards with their highlighted photos from the weekend (this thread) and race Dezert does do nice write ups after the races, 100%. But if you’re arguing that Instagram doesn’t keep you in the loop MORE than this website, you’re following the wrong IG pages or you haven’t taken your medications yet tonight.

This is definitely a generational thing here. I’d bet you and curt are “old school” dudes. But go ahead and ask your kids/grandkids how they stay informed about the races/results/highlight clips and pics and I’ll promise you their response is not “logging in every morning and checking rd” They’ve already seen that info 2 days ago on IG

Moral of the story- sorry OP for high jacking your thread 😂 the pics are great, post them here, post them there, post them every where!

But IG will 100% get your more engagement, besides the idiots (me) who took this thread sideways real quick and kept this thread at the top for ya 👍🏻