Pics of the new "Big Oly" trophy truck

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Here are some pictures that Marshall just sent me of his new "Big Oly" project. Feel free to ask any questions and Marshall will reply. I know he would like some input on how the body will look.

Attachments

• big oly.jpg
    big oly.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 2,038
  • olysema5.jpg
    olysema5.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 5,226
  • tires 002.jpg
    tires 002.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 5,559
  • tires 003.jpg
    tires 003.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 3,036
  • tires 006.jpg
    tires 006.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 2,622
  • 100_0510.JPG
    100_0510.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 2,135
  • 100_0565.JPG
    100_0565.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 3,506
  • mm 001.jpg
    mm 001.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 2,146
  • mm 003.jpg
    mm 003.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 2,082
Last edited:

Moss2

Reaction
Looks like fun! What is the wheelbase and can you get Parnelli to drive it?

Big Oly TT

Reaction
Kinda looks like the Sandco truck.

You have a great eye. It is a SANDCO design. It is almost the same chassis. Darren has been helpful in assisting me on this project. Hands down.........he is one the nicest and greatest I have met in this industry. Only difference between his (Franklin Racing) and my chassis, is that I wanted most of the weight to be between the 4 wheels, so the 75-80 gallon fuelsafe cell is behind the seats and only the spare tire or tires behind the axle, so tubing placement and design behind the seats changes. The "eyebrow" bar is a little different and the very front bars in front of the bulkhead come up at more of an angle.

Big Oly TT

Reaction
Looks like fun! What is the wheelbase and can you get Parnelli to drive it?

Wheelbase is the same as the SANDCO TT at 124"-125", with a trackwidth of 91". I sat down wiith Parnelli earlier this year. While discussing the project, I did invite him to participate if he so wishes. I am leaving the door open. I would personally love to see him drive first off the line from TJ to Ensenada, for the so called "parade lap" down, for the 40th running of the BAJA 1000.

steveG

Reaction
Marshall, the truck looks awesome! Will it be ready for the 1000?

Big Oly TT

Reaction
Marshall, the truck looks awesome! Will it be ready for the 1000?

If I can sell my 1973 Ford stepside that is for sale on the featured ad page, it will be ready. But, I have decided not to beat up this TT for that race. It will be on display at off road expo in the "ROD END SUPPLY" booth and will probably be on display (if done) in the Bilstein booth, at contingency at the 1000, since I am running Blackhawks.

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
Reaction
good luck with the project and having it finished before the 1000.

freddy

Reaction
What a great idea, mixing the look of a classic off-road racer with the performance of a new Trophy Truck.

Good luck with the project and be sure to keep us updated.

steveG

Reaction
If I can sell my 1973 Ford stepside that is for sale on the featured ad page...

I can't believe no one has stepped up to buy it! I'm digging through the sofa cushions tonight....

Big Oly TT

Reaction
I can't believe no one has stepped up to buy it! I'm digging through the sofa cushions tonight....

Have had alot of individuals call. But, none with serious cash. Anyway, I have tons of pictures I will be posting and we are working on the body right now that is being done by www.bajafabrications.com and myself. It will be a rolling chassis next week and on its way down to TJ to fine tune the body.

Big Oly TT

Reaction

As of 6:00 tonight, the truck sold!!!! :D But save that $$$$ you find in between the sofa cushions. We are gonna need it for race fuel.:rolleyes:

steveG

Reaction
As of 6:00 tonight, the truck sold!!!! :D But save that $$$$ you find in between the sofa cushions. We are gonna need it for race fuel.:rolleyes:

Congrats on the sale! How many race-miles will $1.38 buy me?

Chris_Wilson

Reaction

Good deal Marshall, someone got a very nice truck.

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Looks good, can't wait to see it at the 1000. Good luck

TeenyCar

Reaction
Will the body be available to the public? I've been dreaming of building an early bronco trophy truck for some time now.

Big Oly TT

Reaction
Will the body be available to the public? I've been dreaming of building an early bronco trophy truck for some time now.

Sure...............why not. I can tell you right now. The few people that have seen what we have so far, said one thing. Its MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN looking!!!!!! :cool: Contact me when you are ready. We are doing two bodys. One fiberglass and the other carbon fiber for that bling effect. Could do a hybrid kevlar/carbon fiber too. The two bedsides are 11' long and the final hood ideas are up in the air. I am going towards having the grill as one fixed unit, with the two fenders and hood as one piece that can be pull off quickly. Might make it all one piece or make the two fenders and grill one fixed piece, with a removable hood, just like Parnelli had. I think I am liking the later idea. WHAT DO GUYS THINK?:confused: INPUT PLEASE.