Pictures of the Camburg YFZ 450

desertratt

Reaction
the thing looks sweet! what length stem did you us?

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Well I rode it for the first time this weekend. I must say this is by far the best quad I have ever ridden. It is so easy to ride. The power is always there and the handling is superb! I must say the Lonstar arms and the Custom Axis shocks are insane!

Check out the pics.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
pic 1

Attachments

• 67730-slide2.jpg
    67730-slide2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 463

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
The best part is that I raced my friends 2002 KTM 400 EXC and the quad is the same speed if not faster on the dry lake bed. That made my day that a quad is faster than a bad ass race bike!

desertratt

Reaction
now what you need to do is come out to a district 37 race and see what you can really do with it

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
"I must say the Lonstar arms and the Custom Axis shocks are insane"

Either you got them free and told them you would plug them all you could, or you watch entirely too much nascar..

desertratt

Reaction
nothing be embarrised about! its fun and the quad guy and gals out there are real friendly. its kind of a small group. on an average there are only 15 quads. we are always looking to boost the entrys. come out and at least check it out. it may not be as exciting as have a trophy truck go by but its lots of fun.

sirhk100

Reaction
Wait wait wait wait... Are you saying that quad hung with the KTM thru all the gears or just top speed? If it was a dead stop drag race and that quad hung, DAMN!!!!

desertratt

Reaction
i can back that one up as well. last week at my race i was having a bad day. got in a fight with a huge bush and lost. need less to say it put me back about 1/2 hour to the rest of the guys in my class. sucks going from 3rd over to last. any way to the point i was back far enough that the bikes where on there second lap. since i wasnt race them i was just letting them by. i stopped at a check point to let a bike go by that was comming. at that point it the couse went up on a fire road. the bike was a ktm and it was slower at top speed than my quad. i was on his butt till we went off the road back out into some real nasty cross grain stuff. it was all single track good for a bike but it sucked on a quad.

sirhk100

Reaction
So it's top speed then? How's it hang in a drag race? I know for a fact that the top speed on a stock banshee with just pipes VS just about any bike with reasonable gearing ,exception to maybe a XR650, the top speed is WAY higher.

For example, both my CRF and my old YZF would destroy my room mates BUILT (like $5G into the motor and not a sand drag, very usable) Banshee untill I topped out in 5th. Then he'd catch me in forth and click to 5th and CYA, he's gone. Untill I top out though, I'm pulling him like he's on a XR50. That's where I was blown away that the YFZ hung with the bike. If it's in top speed though, that's not too uncommon.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Ya'll need to factor in gearing as well. Each manufacturer runs different gearing in the gearbox, as well as, the countershaft and rear sproket. These play a huge factor in acceleration & top speed for any bike (stock or built to the hilt).

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
"Wait wait wait wait... Are you saying that quad hung with the KTM thru all the gears or just top speed? If it was a dead stop drag race and that quad hung, DAMN!!!! "

Yes it was a dead stop drag race. I took him by 15 feet right off the start, he cought back up "did not pass me" and we were neck and neck than I started to pull. Both have stock gearing and we raced like 8 times. The only time he pulled me was when I missed shifted.

Man this quad is so awesome. If you are thinking of buying one buy it!

sirhk100

Reaction
Well then crap, I'll have to give it to you if stock and stock that quad is hangin with bikes that's DAMN IMPRESSIVE!!! Come to Glamis Expo weekend, the Fud race in Oct, Ocotillo Holloween or Ocotillo Thanksgiving!!!! I wanna line up against it with my fat ass on my rocket to see how it does.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
John, nice chop, my thoughts exatally.

Desertratt, What is up the district 37 races, I just heard about them this last week, but I thought it was all motocross stuff. I have been thinking about racing the LT. Give me a link or some info please.

motoxscott

Reaction
Jerry I'm glad you're happy with your Lonestar arms and Axis shocks. Most times you only hear people complain about products, it's good to see someone take the time to let people know how much you liked them.

Now bring that thing to Lucerne to chase the Corona TT with ..... lol