• I will only go if it is under control and a cure is found

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • I am undecided at this time

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Just curious how much of an effect this might have on the 500. I know there is still a lot to be learned and about a month until the race but with prerunning opening in a few weeks lets see how it might effect the race with a poll.

Chase 2

Reaction
I've been hearing from some who are concerned, but personally I don't think its an issue. First there is already Flu here in So Cal. Second, if most of your time is going to be spent in "remote" areas of Baja, how could your possible exposure be any greater than what you are already experiencing?

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
I've been hearing from some who are concerned, but personally I don't think its an issue. First there is already Flu here in So Cal. Second, if most of your time is going to be spent in "remote" areas of Baja, how could your possible exposure be any greater than what you are already experiencing?
They let you back on? You gonna mind your manners?

Zambo

Reaction
Anywhere from 20,000 to 36,000 people die every year in the USA due to complications of the flu. You are about a hundred times more likely to die in a car crash on your way to get vaccinated than you are to die from swine flu. The media, as always, are not reporting on this crisis, they are generating the crisis.

pciscott

Reaction
The Sky is falling, the economy sucks, drug dealers are going to be using me for target practice, and now I might catch a bad cold from a pig? I am going to Baja! My advice to those of you who are questioning going is to stay home and watch the news, they seem to have the world pretty dialed with all the doom and gloom they peddal! Prerunning, Chasing, Racing, and a little bit of howling at the moon Wide Open Baja Style! The epidemic I see is that people are watching to much TV and it has fried their brains in to staying home and watching life instead of living it! Viva Baja!

P.S. Add a rear start for the new #7 on the entry list, we will be testing the new King Shocks and sporting my Old school Black and yellow paint, our goal is for a top ten finish to gaurantee a good draw for the Baja 1000!

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Anywhere from 20,000 to 36,000 people die every year in the USA due to complications of the flu. You are about a hundred times more likely to die in a car crash on your way to get vaccinated than you are to die from swine flu. The media, as always, are not reporting on this crisis, they are generating the crisis.
Bingo. great post. I'm going. You guys that want to stay home and cuddle up in front the tube, go right ahead. I'm gonna be enjoying cervezas and tacos.

bajabit

Reaction
Count me in!! I ride a street bike in LA. It takes more than a bug to scare me!

RCJoslin

Reaction
I'll be the guy drinking and checking out chicks at contingency.... Look for me....

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
P.S. Add a rear start for the new #7 on the entry list, we will be testing the new King Shocks and sporting my Old school Black and yellow paint, our goal is for a top ten finish to gaurantee a good draw for the Baja 1000!
Cool Scott!

And when will you have you're download available? It's always nice to start fresh with that and build notes from there...

:)

swiftracing5

Reaction
Im at SDSU and some a**hats here are freaking out thinking finals will get canceled or a 7 day closure of campus for the flu. All I know is that once finals are done I cant wait to get down to Baja and make some dust.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
We just got back from a 15 day stint in Puerto Vallarta. All three of us ended up with the pig flu. One of us was worse than the other two but he is getting better. The flu itself was no worse than any other flu that I have had. I thought we would be treated like aliens when we crossed the border but they just told us to go see a doctor. They didn't even ask us if we were sick. We all went straight to the doctors and they said just stay in our house until we are better. The results came back positive but it was like it wasn't a big deal to the doctors at all. I really think the only reason people are dying in Mexico is because the people are not seeking medical help until it is too late. When I went to the doctor there they gave me vitamins and told me to rest.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
That's where the race is, that's where I'll be.

Sampeter

Reaction
I really think the only reason people are dying in Mexico is because the people are not seeking medical help until it is too late.
That is correct, there has always been a cure, but not handling it correctly is what is making people die, this is turnig to a political deal...

Dezertpilot

Reaction

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
Im getting all jazzed just thinking about Baja!!!! Yeeaahh Boy!!!

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction

randy s

Reaction
i'm not skeerd of the drug dealers. i ain't skeerd of the bandidos. and i ain't skeerd of getting pig flu. i'm skeerd of DNF's. cya in ensenada yall.