Pike Peak Meadows 1981

Reaction
Who went to this race?
Pikes_Peak_Meadows_1981.jpg

51rcr

Reaction
As in Colorado? Anything in that area get ahold of the CORR Colorado offroad extreme guy, Theres some older guys around there and some older cars. There was a old stadium truck running around there

Reaction
Was that a short course at a dog track in Colorado Springs?

Wayne Demonja(sp?) won Class 5?

E Gud

Reaction
Gary Plagman was there, with the Exponent.

JDDurfey

Reaction
"Hey Earl, lets use this here electrical transformer to spectate from on the outside of a turn."

"Sounds good to me JimBob, let me pull up my white socks and climb up there with you"

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
can you please post pic of Water Boy. Verns Roberts truck or any other jeep trucks. try to figure out who built my truck.

Lord Green

Reaction
This is the Roberts Jeep at the Mint in the mid 80's. It was driven here by Don Yosten (and I got to co-dog a lap). The other driver was Larry Monroe from Upland, Monroe's Automotive. He may have some information on the truck.

Attachments

• Yosten Honcho.jpg
    Yosten Honcho.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 308

Class3Fan

Reaction
There were numerous Honchos at that race ... The two Budweiser trucks ... the Donahoe and Roberts entry ... the Water Boy truck ... Mike Garabino's Walker Evans-built truck ... at least two Randall trucks (including the ex-Sandy Cone "funny car.") ... Mike Grumbein's brown Honcho and a couple others. I've posted photos before but can post up a bunch more over the weekend if people are interested.

Class3Fan

Reaction
HDRA put on the race. Alot of SoCa drivers were there
Race was put on twice by the HDRA at the horse track (now Pikes Peak International Raceway) -- 1980 and 1981. In 1982 the raced moved to Colorado National Speedway north of Denver. Pretty sure that's the last time the big boys raced in Colorado until the race in Craig several years later.

MC@ Performance Fab

Reaction
I was at the 80 and 81 event driving a Tracys Party Ice A-Arm Funco. We dominated the buggy races in 80 with myself winning the Pikes Peak Challenge and both rounds of the Class 1 race. Rodger Mears also won the Class 9 driving for Tracy. 81 was a bit disappointing, same car, but not even close to the same car. Cleaned this memento up, been in a closet for decades.

Attachments

• P1010300.JPG
    P1010300.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 247