Pikes Peak

Bassman

Reaction
[video=youtube;J-K1B4sTX4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-K1B4sTX4o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-K1B4sTX4o[/video]

The amazing Ari Vatanen.

JPBart

Reaction
By the 45 second mark I was wondering 'wheres the beef?' at the minute mark....'oh, there it is!' =D

Good stuff! Thanks

Cadwell

Reaction
I wonder how fast a shifter kart can do pikes peak? All you have to add is a small wing on the fronat and back and some type of custom made dirt tire!

promaxmarine

Reaction
here is our fellow desert racer Roger Norman in action with the pikes peak car, check it out

Last edited by a moderator:

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Anyone going to the Pikes Peak race this year? It is my first time going and I am pretty stoked! Should be fun as I am helping a buddy racing a quad there....

Chase 2

Reaction
Sorry, but watching Roger after watching Ari was like watching paint dry.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
I wish Rod Millen would bring the Toyota Tacoma back to Pikes Peak and take a shot at the record. That is an awesome car. I have an old VHS video with ESPN coverage of Pikes Peak when they installed a camera just above the front splitter of Rod's car. Just wish I had a way to copy it onto the computer.

[video=youtube;VQ7gFfWZKWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ7gFfWZKWU&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

ShortGears

Reaction
[
here is our fellow desert racer Roger Norman in action with the pikes peak car, check it out

Those pictures of Garden of the Gods at the 20 second mark are just down the street from where I grew up.
Last year we where at the right hander at the 5:40 mark in that video. I might be in the shot but can't find me.

Anyone going to the Pikes Peak race this year? It is my first time going and I am pretty stoked! Should be fun as I am helping a buddy racing a quad there....
I have been going for years. Unfortunately in this economy I have to move to Albuquerque next weekend for work so I probably won't make it this year. The quads are cool because they start in packs and not single file.

I wish Rod Millen would bring the Toyota Tacoma back to Pikes Peak and take a shot at the record. That is an awesome car. I have an old VHS ESPN video of Pikes Peak when they installed a camera just above the front splitter of Rod's car. Just wish I had a way to copy it onto the computer.
Last year after Rhys run they interviewed him on the radio. He said the only reason his dad was not there was because of prior commitments. He also said his dad is trying to come back this year in the Celica. Rhys then said something like "If I could only get him to give me the Tacoma to make a run". The Celica and the Tacoma are both amazing to watch. Rod is still not listed as a competitor and Rhys is listed in a 2wheel drive class so it might not be happening. :mad:

CodyS

DA Un`
Reaction
I will be there. Yokohama will be there with a japenese driver who built an electric buggy and will be racing. SHould be fun

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
I will be there. Yokohama will be there with a japenese driver who built an electric buggy and will be racing. SHould be fun

he will be there with my buddy dave matsui he has the right hand drive 12 car in snore

trent06

Mush
Reaction

Have you been up there before Cody? Any ideas on where you will be watching the race from etc.? I am undecided on watching from Devils Playground or somewhere around the start....? I know anywhere up on the hill makes you in for a long day!

spalind

Reaction
Protrucks running there again this year? And I thought it was going to be all pavement from top to bottom at this point?

CodyS

DA Un`
Reaction
Never been up there before. But i will be workin on the buggy and changing tires for the car so i dunno whats my plans are yet. I will be in the Yokohama semi where ever we will be. Come on by and say whats up.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
The one and only time I was at Pikes Peak was in the summertime. It was close to 90 degrees in Colorado Springs when we started our trip up to the summit. When we reached the top it was in the mid 30's. Quite a shock when you jump out of the car wearing only shorts and a t-shirt.

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
Best of luck to everyone going. Devels play ground is a good spot and you can see most of the track. plans to go back someday. be safe coming down the hill. brakes fade.
Dennis

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Protrucks running there again this year? And I thought it was going to be all pavement from top to bottom at this point?

I think Protrucks are running again this year, and what I have been told is that since the weather has been crappy the past winter, they cant work on paving it? Not sure how that really makes any difference as you would think they could pave it just about any time of the year, but that is what someone told me that the weather has been bad and is delaying the process....?

Never been up there before. But i will be workin on the buggy and changing tires for the car so i dunno whats my plans are yet. I will be in the Yokohama semi where ever we will be. Come on by and say whats up.

Sounds good! We will have to really let Blue know how good of a time it is up there, when he is in Phoenix in 115 degree weather! Hahahahahahaha

Best of luck to everyone going. Devels play ground is a good spot and you can see most of the track. plans to go back someday. be safe coming down the hill. brakes fade.
Dennis

Thanks for the advice...

onebuilder

Reaction
Hey Trent

I spoke with Michael this weekend, he is so excited. When are you going up? I will be in Telluride starting Sat 7/18 for a week. Hmm...

Mike Webber will be in Denver also. We may have to meet up at the race.

Are you going to let Michael borrow your incar camera? That would be awesome!

Best of luck to all!