Pima Motorsports Park

CanyonMan

Reaction
Just a heads up. Pima Motorsports Park is now open. Currently the ATV and motorcycle courses are completed and running and the truck course is near completion. I finally got the right number for the track itself, it is 520-762-8663. Give them a call and they will put you on a mailing list for when the truck course opens up. Currently the hours are 9am - 1 pm Saturday and Sunday (for practice before races) and will be open Wednesday after the new year from 12- dusk for practice. As far as I know Whiplash is still running the show there, but I may be incorrect. I looked at the Whiplash schedule and there appears to be at least 3 races there for trucks and buggies in 2003. Unitl the truck course is open, does anybody have a favorite place to play in Tucson?

Lyrch

sirhk100

Reaction
Where is this place?

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

CanyonMan

Reaction
It is behind the roundy round track off Houghton Road west of I-10. Take I-10 to Houghton rd, turn right (this is from Tucson) go down about 2-3 miles to the circle track entrance. Follow the road past the circle track and turn right at the end of the road. It is to the left of the road with brick walls with the name on them. Check the website (it is outdated) at http://aztucson.com/sama/PimaMotorsportsPark.htm

Lyrch

CanyonMan

Reaction
Update. Pima Motorsports Park will be opening the truck course January 25th. Entry should only be about $5 and a helmet is mandatory. It will be a TV day with a couple of local TV stations there covering it.

Lyrch