Pismo beach closed?!?

billymanfroy

Reaction
Just a warning to anyone who wants to head to Pismo. They turned us (and about a million other people) away this Friday night. NO day passes and NO camping. We had to scramble and find hotels for the people with kids. It really sucked. They said the tide was very high, so they weren't allowing ANYONE in if they didn't already have day passes (must leave the beach by 11:00 pm or pay a $270 fine for illegal camping) camping passes, or a valid reservation number. You can't get reservations unless you call at least 10 days ahead. They told us they'd open the gates at 6:00 am, and we could get day passes, but they may or may not allow any more camping passes. Well, they didn't open the gates until 7 am, and our one of our guys got the LAST camping permit sold. It really sucked since we had to drive 3 hours down there after work, sleep in a parking lot, and then show up at 6 am to sit in a BIG line for over an hour. Almost ruined it for everyone.

The crappy part was there was nowhere near as many people out there as I have seen in the past. Once we got in, though, we had an awesome time. (Except for the flatbiller/prerunner dudes who stole one of our dump cans full of race gas at 2:30 am) I'm sure we'll be going back more often, but we will plan a little more ahead and make sure to get reservations so we don't get turned away. I guess it's not lke the old days when you could just show up and have fun.

Billy

tkr

Reaction
That's nothing new. They did that to us 4 or 5 years ago.

Rprice

Reaction
a couple of my buddies are going up on the 15th have to tell them. and that sucks you got your gas stolen did they take it at night? poeple like that really give our sport a bad rep.

billymanfroy

Reaction
I thought it might have happened to others, but I had never heard of it. I guess it's rare and the tides shouldn't be as big by the end of the week so your friends should be OK. I just wanted to warn other people who have to make long tows and are relative sand newbies like us.

Yeah, they drove to the edge of our camp at 2:30 in the morning. I guess it's another lesson not to park right near the entrance to Sand Highway a few rows back. There were two guys who saw them leave and wondered what was up so they ran over there and saw that one of our dump cans was gone. They were already far enough away (and our guys were in no real condition to drive) where it didn't make sense to follow them. We looked for them in the morning, but that's a needle in a haystack. There were several dozen square purple cans visible, so who knows? The crappy part is, we would have given them the gas if they just asked. I guess they needed a can more than they needed us as friends. They said it looked like a red ranger and another flat black truck that did it. Oh well!

Billy

PBR

Reaction
it was probably one of those "mini-truck kids"

billymanfroy

Reaction
God I hope so!! And I hope they used it in one of their smogged trucks with an expensive O2 sensor because it was 110 LEADED and 32:1 fat premix. HA HA HA, sucka's!!! How's it runnin?!? HA HA HA