Pismo Beach for Labor Day!?!

Hayward Racing

Reaction
I'm thinking about heading up to Pismo for Labor Day weekend and I was just wondering what to expect. How crowded is it usually? Do I need Paddles for the quads?

No RV so the people I'm going with are adamant about staying in a hotel!

Any suggestions and comments are much appreciated!

slobow

Reaction
Yes, it will be crowded. Most holiday weekends are. Bring paddle tires if you have them. If you don't I would buy some. There are plenty of hotels nearby, I think the newest is the Mission Inn by the outlets in Pismo Beach.

Have fun and keep your eyeballs moving out there....it can be pretty wild out there.

ceballos

Reaction
oooh.. you're gonna like it. I don't think you should stay in a hotel though, try camping out in tents if you can... cool experience, chillin at the beach... as for paddles, yes, you should get some if you can... and holidays are usually always packed... the times that i've been there, it's been pretty full, but nothing crazy, or glamis-like... i might head up there labor day as well if there's an opportunity... good times

Hayward Racing

Reaction
1) Paddles: DONE!!
2) Crowded: Oh Well
3) Camping On the Beach: Probably by myself

Now I need to figure out what to do about my rear shock setup. I'm Riding my 08 Raptor which is currently setup for desert with a precision concepts rear re-valve. Hoping it won't be too uncomfy as the rear sits low!

Baja Fool

Reaction
Pismo is a hoot! If you are camping on the beach you need to go online though for your rez, you need to do this because showing up on a holiday is a shut out for camping: http://www.reserveamerica.com/

Also time your arrival with low tide which you can find on this link: http://www.classic-california.com/tides.htm

Have fun!

Haycock

Reaction
i called the other day and they said no camping becouse it was already full. i have stayed in a hotel before but i dont want to do that again so im not sure what to do.:confused:

Hayward Racing

Reaction
i called the other day and they said no camping becouse it was already full. i have stayed in a hotel before but i dont want to do that again so im not sure what to do.:confused:

How much of a hassle is it to shack up in a hotel? I'm heading up Sept. 2 and plan on going home the 8th, will probably hit the dunes on Fri & Sat. If anyone is interested in hanging out give me a call.

Zach

Hayward Racing

Reaction
Another question... How hard is it to get in and out without a 4x4?