Pismo Reservations?

SpeedMetal

I have heard that you now have to make reservations to camp at Pismo. Does anyone know how strictly they enforce this? We're going out there this weekend and have a place to stay if we have to, but we wanted to stay on the beach so we didn't have to load up Sat. night, then go back out Sunday, and do it again. Anybody know what's up?

-Nate

1992f150

whether you always need reservations or not, I don't know, but it is the 4th of july so I bet they are sold out one way or another. IF you try to camp without the permit though the fine is like 270 bucks!

fly97ford

Pismo is usually booked out at least a year in advance. Pre-paid too! So, try to get a reservation now and you just might get a chance to be in Pismo next year.

fly97ford

Oh wow, it has changed some then. I've given up some time ago and ended up staying at a relatives place off grand. That is cool that the reservations are a little less of a pain now.

SpeedMetal

$270 is steep! I haven't been there in a few years, I guess things have changed. How late can you hang out before you get the boot? 10pm? Thanks for the info.

-Nate

NORCALf150

i think its 11 not sure though, last year on the 4th was crazy so expect some more inforcement i heard there were actully stoping vehicles after 11 just to check for day or camping passes, and if you think you can be smart and sneak into to someones camp i was there on new years and the rangers walked the whole beach siting anyone, so be carefull we willl be a at house of pier ave, rockstar status

durtygirl

I thought it was first come first serve basis to camp on the beach, with of course, a cost. I don't know, last year for the 4th we stayed at a house by the 2nd entrance. We kept the trucks on the beach pretty much the entire 4th though so we wouldn't have to deal wtih the rangers. I wish I was going this 4th, but I have to work my bf will be there with his truck though.