Pismo ?

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
where exactly is Pismo Beach? Also approx. how far is it from san deigo? and is there a " season " FOR 2 STOKE BIKES? We are in the early stages of planning a trip up there but i would like th know the answer to these questions before i tell my buddies i will go. Is it anything like Glamis? answers to these questions would be helpful.
thanks,
Gregg

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Ntohing like Glamis. Not enough area to plan a trip from SD. I have not been there since 89 and it was crap then and I am sure it has got worse.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

TRDshaunTRD

go to glammis instead, you are much closer to there. Also, it is now called oceano and it is close to san luis obispo / santa maria, and it will take you about 5 hours. Its fun for people who can't make it to glammis, but since you are closer to glammis, go there. And by the way it doesn't suck, there just isnt that much area left and the dunes are 1/10th the size of glammises. If you bike is green stickered I belive that you can go there all year around.

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

martininsocal

Pismo doesn't suck, it just got hit by the enviros a lot sooner than glamis has! and for seasons, late summer, early fall are the best, and it is still over 100 in glamis. at pismo, you can ride until you are too hot, then hit the water and surf, boogie board, even jet ski. than at night, there are some local pool halls and clubs nearby. Pismo was in the 70's what glamis is today! 4th of july was wild at pismo. when was the last time you saw people so packed at glamis on teh 4th of july that you had to wait your turn to cross a creek? (yeah, i know, no creek in glamis, but pismo was great then, just a lot smaller now)

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

cleartoy

sep 15-may15 is when you can ride red stickers out there at Pismo.

Ive been to Pismo a couple times. Know what i like best: the mild if not cool temp. Know what i like least about it? Salt corrossion from crossing the creek and riding on the beach, and also the 6 hour drive from oceanside.

Have fun!

i dont go to Glamis because of the extreme crowds. I leave the city to get away from crowds and mass population, not to relocate to the same ol [censored].

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I remeber going out there...since I can remember, but it go tsmaller and smaller and smaller and not even worth having a truck run there anymore and my dads truck club stopped the whole run altogether. I do remeber the rowdiness that went on there, it dwindled away...fast. I did not like the idea of getting tickets at ticketmaster to go offroading and then having a chance that the tickets sold out. THe only good thing I ahve to say about pismo now is Pismo Beach Cinnamon Rolls, they are the bomb and they come down to the fairplex every year and I buy them up.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

1992f150

Its fun, I just got back there (thurs to sun) I had a blast and so did everyone else with me. The beach is crowded but the dunes arent bad at all.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

martininsocal

watch out for the creek- it is not buldozed shut, theer just isn't any water to run in it this year. i have been there when it swallows full size trucks with 44's(very funny, especially after telling them it is way too deep), so you have to watch the crossing.

p.s.- the creek is freshwater, the ocean and sand on the beach is salty, just make sure you clean off after the trips with fresh water.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

BradM

That is definitely a site to see just the roof top of a full size truck at about the third breaker. All because the guy's ego was bigger than his brain.

I haven't been to Pismo for 4 or 5 years so I don't know how much new fencing has been put up. It is a fun place to ride and the weather is great all year round. It can get a little windy on the beach though. It's just that the dunes are much smaller than Glamis both in overall size and height. I recall the big weekends being packed and watching a lot of ambulances coming out on the beach to pick up stupid riders who got hurt. The total number of people at Pismo is less but I would say that the number of people per acre of sand is higher. Also, probably a higher percentage of inexperienced riders.

poolman

Brad I remember those days.I grew up in Fresno.Yes Glamis is what Pismo used to be,then when everybody started getting drunk and killing people,leaving thier trash,terrorising the cops and locals.Too bad this will happen to Glamis.Remember the good old daze,poolman

Hooker