pistol jr. 1, speedgoat 0..........dont look if your sqweemish.........

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
my nephew mitchel got lucky enough to get "drawn" for archery antelope this year, hes NEVER hunted before or even own a bow. he practiced in my back yard with my equipment over the summer and we went up to his area yesterday for a couple days of goat chasing. (the chances of bagging one was probably around 1%) antelope are easy to find but very hard to get with a bow, rifle is about 99% successful but archery is about 10% for avid hunters.......we see our first antelope, a buck and a doe at around 7am yesterday, we make a plan, blow up our "decoy" and set out on the stalk, we are only into the stalk about 10 minutes and as we sneak around a juniper bush, (while holding the decoy in front of us) the buck is CHARGING us from about 100yards away, we quickly kneel down and try to get ready as he is coming FAST, mitchell has NEVER hunted before and we are both excited as the plan is working perfectly. he trys to get an arrow knocked as the buck stops and i range him at 43yards, mitchell is shaking as i tell him the yardage but draws and shoots as the buck turns broadside......YOU HIT HIM! i say as the buck turns and bounds away about 20 yards.....the shot is not perfectly placed so we have to track him for about a half a mile and we find him laying under a tree......we then make a new plan and wait for a while then sneak in and finish him.......mitchell did a great job for his first hunt and cant wait for his ELK hunt which starts in a couple weeks, the buck was a nice one and after i did a quick scoring job that day he will make the pope and young RECORD book for antelope with a bow........pretty good for his first hunt ever........

Attachments

• mitchel first kill 006.jpg
    mitchel first kill 006.jpg
    591 KB · Views: 449
  • mitchel first kill 010.jpg
    mitchel first kill 010.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 412

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
decoy

Attachments

• mitchel first kill 001.jpg
    mitchel first kill 001.jpg
    655.2 KB · Views: 342

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
on I-40 between williams and kingman in AZ, saturday sept 29th, unit 10....

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
nice work my dad was lucky enough to get a big horn sheep tag this year he has been trying for this tag for 30 years

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
heres a pic of paige (my oldest) on her first successful big game hunt from last year....a junior cow tag....broken arm and all.........

Attachments

• PAIGES ELK 08 004.jpg
    PAIGES ELK 08 004.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 310

mitbroracing

Reaction
A camo speedway hat, never expected to see those two things mixed. Thats funny Pete, and cool nonetheless. Congrats on the Antelope.

worcs761

Reaction
Good job!
BBQ goat, tortillas and pecodagio. Chop up fresh meat in a 5gal. bucket and soak it in lime juice. Grill it and through a party.