• Forum membership has its advantages....

Pistol OK?

IRONGOOK

Sad News for sure. Condolences to the Sohren family, he will be missed.

SpyRacing

Heart goes out to his family. So sad that they all got injured, and lost their father.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Yumaoffroad

RIP forum will never be the same :(

nimrod

KOOK!
I’m totally gutted by this.
Pete was on the Dakar thread talking about how excited he was to be racing and prerunning with his daughter this week. He was almost giddy.
I’m shattered.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
So saddened by this news. Pete was truly 'one of a kind.' He did things 'his way' and had 'his opinions' on nearly everything. I loved that about him. He was a CHARACTER and the world needs more characters and less 'vanilla ice cream.' When I first introduced myself to him 12 years ago, I said I was just a lowly golf cart pilot. His response was...'I bag on the golf cart class all the time, but honestly, I think they are cool...like class 11.' Via con dios PP.

SuperRanger

I just told my son. Pete helped my son and I help a local get out of Matomi Wash a couple years ago. He gave fuel and a tow in his chase truck. Years ago I thought he was a ding a ling. I then met him in TX and instantly knew he was great. I count him among my best desert friends. Such a loss for all of us. He is a hero. A terrible tragic loss for so many people.

Brad Lovell

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

green787

Truely tragic.... He will be missed here and everywhere he went....

JWK Motorsports

I’m totally gutted by this.
Pete was on the Dakar thread talking about how excited he was to be racing and prerunning with his daughter this week. He was almost giddy.
I’m shattered.
I was just going to say this. Rip Pete.

Hopefully his daughter is okay, terrible tragedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WickedGravityVideo

Heartbroken. Pistola helped me get my start in off road racing video back in 2005. I have many memories of good times in Baja with Pete and crew.
pistol 11.jpg
We can now only hope his two wonderful daughters will be physically OK. I offer my prayers to his family.

pciscott

Shocking gut punch, per James Coats Weatherman San Felipe the girls are all ok. Pete was T boned in the dunes above the Cortez at a high rate of speed. Both Pete and the other driver were killed in the accident. James said the girls Mother is on her way and they do have help and will let me know if there is anything else needed. Pete was a good friend, but one of my Father the Weatherman’s Best Friends. They hunted, camped, raced, and shared many great stories over years of friendship. I am going to have to let this tragic news settle in, loud and outspoken for sure, but a guy who has passion for desert racing that propelled him to the top level of racing and he did it on a fraction of what anyone else did. Pistol Was a bad ass!

Wendell #527

Pete was a character but he was way cool. Helped me figure out how to do the front end of my 5 car when I was building it. Had so much fun with him on Freemont watching him race on foot. (He was fast). His rants were interesting and will be really missed. What a bummer he’s gone.

firedog

Such sad news! Like nimrod said he seemed so happy to be going racing with his daughter and navigating for the first time. Spent a little time with him when I got out of the 3 seater at V2R (6100 configuration) and he gave me a ride to the finish. Totally cool dude and RDC will not be the same with out his brutally honest posts! GodSpeed Pete!! I hope and pray that the injured will make a full recovery. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends, via con dios Pete!

johndjmix

Just chased for him at the 1000 this year when my buddy Kyle was running in one of his trucks. So sad. He was a GREAT guy.

--John