Pistol pete bajalite wins at baja 500!!!

rickf

Reaction
Texasguy Wes - I'd race with your crew anywhere, anytime - awesome group of guys! Congrats to Wes on a VERY tough 2nd half - great drive! Great to meet Wes, Wes, Bryan, Nick and Mark (think I got that all right).

The BF Goodrich Tire swap was due to my BFG contract. The KM2's were awesome, great traction and no flats! I'm gonna run 'em on the kids Jeepspeed (as noted lighter!)

The finish is not indicative of the performance of this truck. It flat flies - we were up in to the Class 6 trucks when we started having electric issues.

Ron

Ya know, WD40 was originally designed for drying electrical connections. Just sayin...................

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
CLASS 7-2 (Unlimited 2.2/2.4-Liter Truck)—1. Ron Stobaugh/Lance Clifford, Georgetown, Calif., BajaLite-Chevy, 21:41:26 (20.23mph) (3 Starters 1 Finisher)

Congrats on the finish just doing that was a big deal!

Congrats on the finish in a tough race.

Looks like the same finishing speed as Sportsman UTV.

OVERALL SPT UTV (660cc, 4-wheel utility vehicle)—1. Thomas Graves/Soledad Martinez, El Cajon, Calif./Daniel Graves, San Diego, Yamaha Rhino, 21:41:39 (20.23mph) (5 Starters, 1 Finisher)

Racing Ron

Reaction
Ya know, WD40 was originally designed for drying electrical connections. Just sayin...................

Yea, we must have forgot that...

Actually, old threads aside, WD40 stands for Water Dispersment - 40th version, and was used for spraying rockets on the launch pads.

Seriously, we tried everything we could think of. First was intermittent limp mode, then losing rad fans and overheating, then lost a cylinder, plus constant limp mode for the last 350 miles. I estimate we ran with about 100 hp max and tried to find the gremlin for hours at a time.

I'm old school, I don't understand all this computer, limp mode, facebook stuff. I spent 20 minutes looking for the Holly and MSD!! JK.

Pete's on it with his wiring and computer guys and we'll know what happened next week, and I'm sure it'll be fixed for good. In fact, I'm trying to schedule another race in the Bajalite!

Racing Ron

Reaction

OVERALL SPT UTV (660cc, 4-wheel utility vehicle)—1. Thomas Graves/Soledad Martinez, El Cajon, Calif./Daniel Graves, San Diego, Yamaha Rhino, 21:41:39 (20.23mph) (5 Starters, 1 Finisher)

Yeah it was a long day for sure. We were stopped many times, once for 2 1/2 hours going through fuel, connections, spark plugs, charging system, everything. Our goal at that point was to just finish the race. We flew by one poor UTV guy at least 6 times, only to stop and work on the truck. It was kinda comical in the tortoise and hare kinda way...

It was team effort to remember. This class has a lot of promise, and will surprise people very soon with high overall finishing positions.

Pacololo

Reaction

*cough* WhataDick *cough*

4x4nutz

Reaction

Didn't matter if it was the same finishing speed as a donkey. Tough course, bugs in the system of a new truck, ran most of the race in limp mode with three cylinders.........PRICELESS!!!!!! My nephew Nick had the most wonderful experience a kid can have in life. Never been in a race in his life (other than drag racing through the streets of Corpus Christi), and the truck he was co-doggin in finished the BJ 500, and even got first in class. The others in the class DNF, but it didn't matter to Nick. It's all about the race itself, not the clock or the trophy.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction

Go get that UTV. I'll get the Bajalite. I will beat you 99 out of 100 times.

texasguy415

Reaction

same truck...one of the same drivers...average 40 mph AT THE MINT....i think maybe 8 trucks in class. finished top 25 out of 235 trucks....beat many in classes above it.....WHO FREAKIN CARES...THE TRUCK WAS AT BAJA TO FINISH AND WIN. ENOUGH SAID.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction

Why do you all assume that I am bagging on the Baja Lite, PP or the Texas dudes? I have read all the PP threads; ever notice that I have never once bagged on Pistol or B-Lites? Re-read the first sentence of my post. I wrote it with all sincerity, obviously knowing that they had issues. I simply thought it was ironic that the seperation was 13 seconds...meaning, 'it was a tough day,' not that a UTV is as fast as a BajaLite. Some must have some actual doubts or a short willy if they took what I wrote as negative.
...and Pat I didn't understand your post at all. What do Trophy Lites have to do with UTV's or BajaLites for that matter.

texasguy415

Reaction
Why do you all assume that I am bagging on the Baja Lite, PP or the Texas dudes? I have read all the PP threads; ever notice that I have never once bagged on Pistol or B-Lites? Re-read the first sentence of my post. I wrote it with all sincerity, obviously knowing that they had issues. I simply thought it was ironic that the seperation was 13 seconds...meaning, 'it was a tough day,' not that a UTV is as fast as a BajaLite. Some must have some actual doubts or a short willy if they took what I wrote as negative.
...and Pat I didn't understand your post at all. What do Trophy Lites have to do with UTV's or BajaLites for that matter.

ooops...my apologies...you are correct....where are all the haters?...you don't seem to be one....

chmr03

Reaction
ok im still not impressed i need pete to come in here and tell everybody that the truck is the shhhhit..only then ill believe it:)

MMS

Reaction
Didn't matter if it was the same finishing speed as a donkey. Tough course, bugs in the system of a new truck, ran most of the race in limp mode with three cylinders.........PRICELESS!!!!!! My nephew Nick had the most wonderful experience a kid can have in life. Never been in a race in his life (other than drag racing through the streets of Corpus Christi), and the truck he was co-doggin in finished the BJ 500, and even got first in class. The others in the class DNF, but it didn't matter to Nick. It's all about the race itself, not the clock or the trophy.

Doesn't matter how fast you were going, it's nothing better than to have a young one to experience the excitment of the checkers in an offroad race.
Good job--by the way how old is Nick?

RaceFreak

Reaction
So I heard you where where towed for many miles and push across the line!!!!! Whats on the rules on that??? And I believe theres a video!!!!

drtrider145

Reaction
Where is the video?

Jangaard

Reaction
So I heard you where where towed for many miles and push across the line!!!!! Whats on the rules on that??? And I believe theres a video!!!!

Now that is funny. Wonder if it is true. If it is true I am sure they will give up the win. I heard PP is a stickler for rules!