Pistol pete bajalite wins at baja 500!!!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Its just a bit ironic because Pete would be the first person on here calling someone out if they finished like this. But then his truck does it and they win lol.

Robby got a penalty for fueling on the highway after the youtube video came out.....

Reaction
I was at the finish line when the Tequila Los Valientes BajaLite finished and they were definitely pushing a non-running truck over the finish line and up onto the podium, and the SCORE officials obviously saw it, and apparently didnlt rule that illegal.... I say they had a good finish,,, powered by TEQUILA!.... TEQUILA LOS VALIENTES..... lo mejor! (the best)

SCORE took Voss' "Win" in ProTruck away from them days after the race at the 2008 Baja 500 for towing in the last mile, then pushing across the finish. If brought to their attention, they should do the same thing.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Every web site you go to, Fish beefing on Pete, Funny

Just here and Pirate where I was defending myself thats it. No beef just facts.

If I can get DQ'd weeks after the 500 then Pistols team is no exception to the rules.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Pushed across the finish line and towed less than 4.3 miles?

It IS possible... I watched it happen to Bean right in front of me!

Racing Ron

Reaction
Driver Of Record.

You can look at my posts – I’m a sponsor of Pete’s but have never had a dog in the fight/ BS here on RDC. I come to here to communicate and maybe have a laugh or two.

But now because I spent my money to race Pete’s truck and test some gears, some people want to take the win from me and a great group of guys from Texas - all because they don’t like Pete. Before anyone gets defensive, let me point out I’ve been racing in Baja since 1991, and have never had anyone try so hard to find a way to DQ me – so maybe it’s the truck?.

First we were accused of towing the truck. We did. 300 yards. But you found out that’s legal.

Second you wanted to know how far we could tow or push -found out 4.36 miles was legal, and we were way under that.

Third, it’s a question of finishing under own power. The truck was running like crap, that has been well documented. The finishing driver was using starter spray borrowed from the COPS team to help re-fire the motor during the last stint, and coasting while re-starting. So yes, the truck ran at the finish, but did coast the last 20-30 yards around the corner to the finish line. I wasn’t there yet, but was told they saw another car coming to finish, and rather than jump back in after celebrating and try to start it in the way of the next car, they pushed it up the dirt hill and out of the way. They also really didn’t feel much like getting back in the truck after 11 plus hours.

For the cars in our class – do what you feel is right. I know how hard we worked to finish, and I’m sure you worked very hard as well. I felt everyone in the class ran a good race – no BS, no bumping, etc.

You got a beef with Pete – take the high road and keep it between yourselves.

Ron Stobaugh

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Driver Of Record.

You can look at my posts – I’m a sponsor of Pete’s but have never had a dog in the fight/ BS here on RDC. I come to here to communicate and maybe have a laugh or two.

But now because I spent my money to race Pete’s truck and test some gears, some people want to take the win from me and a great group of guys from Texas - all because they don’t like Pete. Before anyone gets defensive, let me point out I’ve been racing in Baja since 1991, and have never had anyone try so hard to find a way to DQ me – so maybe it’s the truck?.

First we were accused of towing the truck. We did. 300 yards. But you found out that’s legal.

Second you wanted to know how far we could tow or push -found out 4.36 miles was legal, and we were way under that.

Third, it’s a question of finishing under own power. The truck was running like crap, that has been well documented. The finishing driver was using starter spray borrowed from the COPS team to help re-fire the motor during the last stint, and coasting while re-starting. So yes, the truck ran at the finish, but did coast the last 20-30 yards around the corner to the finish line. I wasn’t there yet, but was told they saw another car coming to finish, and rather than jump back in after celebrating and try to start it in the way of the next car, they pushed it up the dirt hill and out of the way. They also really didn’t feel much like getting back in the truck after 11 plus hours.

For the cars in our class – do what you feel is right. I know how hard we worked to finish, and I’m sure you worked very hard as well. I felt everyone in the class ran a good race – no BS, no bumping, etc.

Ron Stobaugh

Cool deal sounds like thats pretty legal to me. Earlier someone said you had been towed many miles so if thats not true then so be it. Congrats on the finish!

michael_loomis

Reaction
Ron, let's get to important stuff... Like when is someone gonna make gearsets for 07 and up Tundras! :)

4x4nutz

Reaction
Driver Of Record.

Ron Stobaugh
You ran an awesome race Ron, none of the haters on RDC can take that away from you!

BSchlimme

Reaction
I'm curious to where the "finish line" exactly was. SCORE routinely locates the finish line well back from where they stop any of the vehicles so they don't have racers pinned through the trap like a downhill skier crossing the line.

I always thought the "hill" was just a ceremonial thing.

Congrats on the perseverance and win - some of my best racing memories have come from the tough battles to just get to the finish not the "easy" wins. Although the 17 seconds out of first in the B2K still stings. :)

kenaroo

Reaction
Way to go Texas boys... push pull drag tow.. WTFC.... no other class members crossed the finish line in time.. that's good enough in my book.. could care less who built the trucky and the other whinny arses crying that goes on this forum.. I praise the effort by the "TEAM" for doing what it takes to cross the line...

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
Earlier someone said you had been towed many miles so if thats not true then so be it. Congrats on the finish!

you mean the guy with 27 posts that doesn't have a name on his profile
and joined RDC at the same time as petes first pissing match with TL....

....who could possibly doubt that kind of rock solid information! :rolleyes: