On Topic Pistol Pete / History Channel

Dirt Junkie

Reaction
Did I just see Pete Sohren on a commercial for a new show on the History Channel?
Something called Truck Night in America to air starting in march

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert mobile app

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Yes you did.
Some time back, I remember him starting a thread looking for people with home built rigs to apply. I was looking at entering my Blazer, but I wouldn't have it finished in time. They required a full roll cage which I'm still working on. Plus I was still building a motor to drop in it.

RYAN COHEE

Reaction
When does it air and what channel ?

Chris Tobin

Reaction
I'll probably watch it!

AZFR8TRAIN

Reaction
I was wondering what happened with this show. I did two interviews for it with my truck. After seeing the preview I’m glad they didn’t pick me ha. I did tell them I’m not thrashing my truck doing some tug of war stuff. Mine is more just a desert Prerunner. So looks like they weeded it out correctly. Yes I’m sure I’ll watch it too

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
So is this one of those "hold my Beer and watch this" kind of show? Might be glad my Blazer wasn't ready.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Its pretty entertaining guys, I think you'll enjoy it. Pete did great. NOTE - this is NOT a desert racing show but an overall off-road show with a gamification component to it that makes it pretty entertaining.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
believe it or not......i have NO COMMENT....;)

Nessy

Reaction
The History channel used to be great until it became a reality show channel. I might have to start watching again.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
gag order lifted...........A+E Networks – Life is Entertaining....

i think people will dig this show, its REAL....not reality.....its 5 contestants each show battling it out in different challenges in their own trucks, jeeps, or "rigs". The two finalists take on a 3 mile course and the winner gets $10,000....check it out on march 8th at 10pm on the HISTORY channel....

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
One question Pete, is that a first gen Blazer in the contest? Looked like it in the quick trailer.

I was close to signing up, but my Blazer wouldn't be finished in time.

Chas Moore

Reaction
gag order lifted...........A+E Networks – Life is Entertaining....

i think people will dig this show, its REAL....not reality.....its 5 contestants each show battling it out in different challenges in their own trucks, jeeps, or "rigs". The two finalists take on a 3 mile course and the winner gets $10,000....check it out on march 8th at 10pm on the HISTORY channel....
Congratulations on this endeavor. Very cool.