Pistol Pete Sohren #2 Trophy Truck first race results with new PFAFF Engine

VeryFast

Reaction
On the unofficial corrected time through the second lap the overall leader was Pistol Pete Sohren powered by his new PFAFF ENGINE. This info came from the Weatherman as he announced himself over the airwaves and backed up by our times in our pits.

Pete was also the fastest vehicle of the day through Pit 1 via the speed gun at 103mph and the fastest vehicle of the day through Pit 2 at 93mph.

We will have to wait for the official times through SCORE. None the less, Pete is very happy with his new PFAFF ENGINE, Maxxis tires, King Shocks and F&L fuel. Pete stated the torque of the new engine gave his #2 Trophy Truck amazing acceleration up to 90mph plus.

Approximately 6 miles into Pete's third lap, he lost both fuel pumps and decided to DNF and save his equipment for the Baja 1000.

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
Reaction
On the unofficial corrected time through the second lap the overall leader was Pistol Pete Sohren powered by his new PFAFF ENGINE. This info came from the Weatherman as he announced himself over the airwaves and backed up by our times in our pits.

Pete was also the fastest vehicle of the day through Pit 1 via the speed gun at 103mph and the fastest vehicle of the day through Pit 2 at 93mph.

We will have to wait for the official times through SCORE. None the less, Pete is very happy with his new PFAFF ENGINE, Maxxis tires, King Shocks and F&L fuel. Pete stated the torque of the new engine gave his #2 Trophy Truck amazing acceleration up to 90mph plus.

Approximately 6 miles into Pete's third lap, he lost both fuel pumps and decided to DNF and save his equipment for the Baja 1000.

Good deal! Pete is a pretty good driver and it's nice to see him start to get his package up to snuff... Sounds like it wasn't the pumps but the prep for the pumps... He should be really good at B1K

arqangel67

Reaction
that's too bad . I was hopeing to see "The Pistola" do well at primm , well we'll just have to wait and see in the B1K

DezRacer25

Reaction
I know that I was watching times and Pistol was in second running Robby down when he stopped. Later found out about the dreaded fuel pump problem. I've seen you with second overall and what should have been first when rearend went south but your close so just a little luck will get you over the hill for an overall at Primm. I'll see you in Baja... OH YEAH!

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
at the end of lap 1 (rm68) the top three were Pab-1:03:36, Rob Mac-1:03:52, Pistola-1:03:58. Pete was killing it today...

GHARACING

Reaction
i was at the spectator area off Jean, and when Robby came through pete was only seconds behind. his truck sounded great.

JGunn

Lone Gunnman
Reaction
Good deal PP

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction
AWESOME JOB PETE! We HAD to be your biggest cheering section out there :D We watched you right on RG's arse coming up to us at RM 25 and past, then again coming down the wash to us at RM53 - we were pullin' for ya to take that win!!! You were HAULIN' !! Get 'em at the 1000, Pete :)

HSDMORGAN

Reaction
I was at pit two and PP was one of the fastest through there on the first two laps for sure.

B&A Motorsports

Reaction
Was watching just past pit 2 on the second lap and pete was all over robby good to see you running well with that awesome power.

harleys dad

Reaction
New engine had so much power the fuel pumps couldn't keep up hu Pete? Sorry to hear the bad luck but happy to hear the motor is great. It will come to you, that I am sure. By the performance and speed shown its got to be a shot in the arm, put it all together for the 1000 and you will be unstoppable

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Good to see Pete running up front! Now all you need to do is get to the finish line buddy...

thanks for all the support......i was just trying to run a smart race and it was working.....rm5 on third lap it stumbled and quit and i immediatly knew it was fuel related, wires were burning coming out of the high pressure fuel pump.....i then had the riders get out and get the tools for a quick line change to use the back up pump.....7-8 minute swap and we should have been off but back up pump would run but would not make pressure(?)......i try to run both primary pumps and block off fthe fuel return line to make it run but it doesnt work......i then called weatherman and the DA and geiser bros send out a pump and i jerryrig it and we get going after loosing an entire lap....thanks to all that helped us get back going......in my teams defence, the fuel pump was a $700 weldon and less then a year old, it should NOT have failed.........the back up was old but worked fine when we switched the lines to the new one, doesnt make much sense???......yes ive been wanting to switch to the new style pumps for a while but the $2k kept me from doing it yet...........waited 1 race too long, MY bad.....the new engine was awesome, it never missed a beat and ran 125.8 at the fastest.......we will have a new aero package for baja to get a bit more on the top.........see you all at the 1000!!!!!!!!