Pistons

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
British parts in a Yami? It'll never work........

They should apply a little of there expertise to the valves........

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Ok, what is the difference between this and a J/E, etc?

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I know Cosworth stuff is BA top of the line stuff but how would this be any better than another high quality piston?

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Anti-scuff side coating, Electro polished top, I'm not sure what ring package Yami's are running currently, but it's got a very thin single ring package=less friction. Material, Casidiam coated wrist pin, from the wall thickness of it could be a Ti pin..... And all the F1 engineering goodness you could ever want.

Sparky

Reaction
Oooohhhh. The 250F is needing a piston...

Where can you buy?

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
Oooohhhh. The 250F is needing a piston...

Where can you buy?
cosworthusa.com
Tell Donavan Norris Troy Harper sent ya

Chase 2

Reaction
Anti-scuff side coating, Electro polished top, I'm not sure what ring package Yami's are running currently, but it's got a very thin single ring package=less friction. Material, Casidiam coated wrist pin, from the wall thickness of it could be a Ti pin..... And all the F1 engineering goodness you could ever want.
Won't a lighter wrist pin change the balance?

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Won't a lighter wrist pin change the balance?
Yup. For some reason that doesn't seem to bother most piston makers. The Weisco I got for My KLX300 was 10 grams heavy. Boy was that fun to balance out,tapering the ends of the wrist pin was hard on the carbide boring bar........

Sparky

Reaction
Yup. For some reason that doesn't seem to bother most piston makers. The Weisco I got for My KLX300 was 10 grams heavy. Boy was that fun to balance out,tapering the ends of the wrist pin was hard on the carbide boring bar........
What is the big deal? We are only spinning those engines to 13Krpm or so... LOL!! And guys wonder why they get vibrations when they install big-bore kits with heavier pistons.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
So one day when I need a piston look for a Cosworth Piston, gotcha, thanks!!