Pit Boxes

AZmiik

Reaction
I was wondering if anyone had though of using a nascar style pit box modified to be more desert friendly. I have still yet to make a race so his might be common. Well let me know some pros and cons about such a thing I have some time to kill and a cad project to start.

Mike

ntsqd

Reaction
Since you can typically 'hot pit' right next to your trailer/transporter I doubt there would be much call for such a thing. In Cup cars and road racing the hot pits are quite a ways from the trailer/transporter so a simple method for moving tools and supplies easily is needed.

Along the idea of a pit box, though, would be some sort of 'instant chaser' kit. Again some easily moved and organized method of loading chase supplies into the bed of a chase truck may be a good idea. I think if a team had several of such things, that were all organized the same, that they would be a time & fustration bonus out on course somewhere. Everyone on the team would know where a certain tool or part will be in the box(es). No mad rushing about tearing open stuff to find the elusive widget the race vehicle desperately needs to get going again.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

AZmiik

Reaction
How much room is it the typical chase truck. I am sure some people use service bodies and such but what about a box that could slid out of the bed say 85% of the way for better 3 side access. Would be removable for storage or just getting it out of the way. Possibly a nitrogen bottle holder and a transfer tank built in. I will try to work a quick sketch to help everyone visualize.

Mike

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
1 Contico box with fluids, hose, air tools and spare parts, 114 cu. ft N2 tank, regulator, front and rear spares, toolbox, jack, and lastly...cooler. Thats what i carry in my Ranger shortbed and have never been not able to take care of business.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."