Pit Equipment

mgobaja

Reaction
they make a no gauge/ preset CO2 / Nitrogen regulator. I am looking for info on one. Any web site leads ?

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Any good welding supply or compressed gas supplier will have them. I use one with a 125lb regulator spring. It works great for air tools and inflating tires in the pits.

Ramsey

DougM

Reaction
C02 bottles

On the same subject-does anyone have a source for a cheap bottle for c02/nitrogen( 10 or 20# bottle)
Harbor Freight has them for $69 new, but I'd rather get a used one since its going to be abused. I cant get used via local AirGas welding supply. but they will sell a new one for $100(which they swap for a used one anyways when you get a refill, go figure..)

Thanks,
Doug

mike_hinson

Reaction
Re: C02 bottles

If you own the bottle, it must be pressure tested each time before they can refill it. If they own the bottle, you get one of their pre-tested/certified full bottles. Usually better to buy the contents from the gas supplier and rent the bottle on a monthly basis, same as welding gases. If not, plan on the cost of a pressure test, cost of the contents, and waiting to get your bottle back. Praxair in Bakersfield rents the bottles for $9.00 per month. You can turn it in when you are not using it.

BradM

Reaction

I don't think so. The bottle has to be hydro tested and certified once every ten years I think (I may be off on the time period). It does not have to be tested and certified every time you have it filled. However, if you find an old bottle that is out of date, you will have to have it hydro tested. I believe the cost is $10-20. I can't remember what it cost me last time I had one tested. Why would you rent one for $9/mo? You could buy one for less than the rental charges for one year.

"The only source of knowledge is experience." - Albert Einstein

JCA

Reaction

I would agree with Brad, however the place I use just exchanges my bottel everytime. No big deal to me seeing how I always go to them.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com