Pit Fuel options for Norra 2019

TrophyBurro

Hi guys. I was wondering if any one has any input on pit and fuel options for norra 19
We are planning on running a chase truck and a raptor as shadow but would be nice to hear other options and will we need to carry fuel with this set up?

Fourstroker

Mag 7 will be down there and is part of NORRA's race plans. Heres an example from last years map of what you can expect

Attachments

MasTacos

Mag7 is a great option and, with the exception of the San Juanico/El Datil loop, you should have plenty of opportunities to fuel the truck on transit stages or areas where the course crosses the road.

TRAVISD

If you are full when you leave San Ignacio you should have more than enough. It’s usually around 180 miles from San Ignacio back to the 1 outside of Loreto.

Chris_Wilson

Keep in mind San Ignacio does not sell premium fuel.

Mark1567

I will be racing my 5/1600 U ( just because it has big motor) but we have to run Race Gas 110. I assume we will be able to pre pay Mag7 for the amount of gas we think we will need and they will just have it at the pits where we plan to refuel. I hope this will be the case for the M1k 2019.

enesset

Don't forget Mag7 you declare what and how much you need at each pit. We did that for my 10 gallon Manx in 2018 and I think we just declared/Pre-paid for 9 gallons at each stop and then forefitted what we didn't use.

Better to overpay than not have.

We were grateful for Mag7 and only once were they gone by the time we got there and we were massively late.

Mark1567

Just spoke with someone at NORRA and he told me that there will not be an option for 110 Sunoco and that I would need to be able to use an additive to Pmex. I was hoping they would have the same deal as with SCORE and you just pre order from distributor and pick it up when you get to Ensenada. Does anyone have any information on this or are we just out of luck? The additive route I don’t think will boost octane enough for this 13.5:1 motor.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
I am a big fan of Mag 7, but they can get backed up. We waited a long time for fuel at their pit after San Ignacio.

LantanaTX

I am a big fan of Mag 7, but they can get backed up. We waited a long time for fuel at their pit after San Ignacio.
Everyone needs fuel at that location! That is why we built our car around the fuel tank. We filled up in San Ignacio and didn't touch the fuel cap until the next morning. Does San Jaunico have a P-Mex? I didn't notice one when I drove through there last year. I heard they just sold fuel out of barrels??