Place to ride this weekend?

BajaFand

Reaction
Myself and my best friend are just getting back into riding after a few years we both have a couple of four strokes to ride, back in the day we always had two strokes. I got an '02 Raptor 660 and he got an '04 CRF250 that is red sticker and we are having a hard time finding a place to ride. My bike is green sticker so I have no problem, but it seems the only places to ride a red sticker bike this time of year is in the dunes, or possibly on a track? Does anyone know of anything within 2 hours or so of the Corona area that is okay for red sticker bikes? We don't really have the desire to go ride a track, but maybe if that's the only possibility.

Also, I need some clarification on the spark arrestor laws. I've been told that on BLM land in the desert you don't need one but in national forests you do, can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

rickf

Reaction
I think you'll need a spark arrestor almost anywhere except closed course or private land.
BLM (Johnson Valley, etc.) doesn't typically have as rigid enforcement but this time of year with the fire danger...................
Anywhere is going to be hot this weekend but given your limitations (not street legal) I'd probably head to Johnson Valley.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Myself and my best friend are just getting back into riding after a few years we both have a couple of four strokes to ride, back in the day we always had two strokes. I got an '02 Raptor 660 and he got an '04 CRF250 that is red sticker and we are having a hard time finding a place to ride. My bike is green sticker so I have no problem, but it seems the only places to ride a red sticker bike this time of year is in the dunes, or possibly on a track? Does anyone know of anything within 2 hours or so of the Corona area that is okay for red sticker bikes? We don't really have the desire to go ride a track, but maybe if that's the only possibility.

Also, I need some clarification on the spark arrestor laws. I've been told that on BLM land in the desert you don't need one but in national forests you do, can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

In California City you can ride all year with no green or red stickers.all you need is a Calcity sticker and it is only a few bucks.

rickf

Reaction
In California City you can ride all year with no green or red stickers.all you need is a Calcity sticker and it is only a few bucks.

Isn't that where the Hotel California is?:eek:

Great, now that song's in my head for the rest of the day!

RacerX1

Reaction