Plaster City - Don't be a Dick

dwasser

RDC Crypto
Website
www.drive-racing.com
The future of racing in Plaster City is up to the spectators. It’s not up to the promoters, racers, sponsors, or the BLM. It’s 100%up to the spectators. Everyone else besides the spectators have a lot of skin in the game. The wild card is the spectators.

I have been seeing more and more stuff about the upcoming HDRA race and how it is a closed course. With the BLM declaring this as a “closed course” the doors for people that do not have a CA registered race vehicle has opened. That is big “give and take” by the BLM.

Along with it being declared as a closed course I have also seen some comments from people saying “They can’t keep me out” For the people saying this I would like to say, Don’t be that guy. You know, that guy that gets to go down in history saying, “I’m the a-hole that just couldn’t resist and ruined it for everyone else”.

Go to the designated spectator areas. Respect the BLM, Sheriffs, and the Special Forces Teams that will be out there. If you don’t, I hope they make it the worst weekend of your life.

I very much hesitated to get involved with this event after the hell I went through with the most idiotic spectators I have ever meet in my life at the SNORE Plaster City race last year. Yep, the ones at the lake bed… and you morons know who you are. If I have to spend another race day babysitting 45 year old men and woman that want to insult the BLM official that actually signed the permit, I will happily turn in my radio and go back to surfing.

Moral of the story…Don’t ruin the chance for people to continue to enjoy racing in Plaster City for years to come.

I didn’t move to the desert for racing to end. If you **
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!** up and cause issues please be ready to pay off my house so I can move back to some place cooler.

Don’t be a dick…

DUNE DUMMY # 29

RDC Crypto
Respect. That is all it takes. Respect the desert, law enforcement, the racers & the race course & follow the rules. As always well said Doug.

Advertising supports this site

gasit2win

RDC Crypto
The future of racing in Plaster City is up to the spectators. It’s not up to the promoters, racers, sponsors, or the BLM. It’s 100%up to the spectators. Everyone else besides the spectators have a lot of skin in the game. The wild card is the spectators.

I have been seeing more and more stuff about the upcoming HDRA race and how it is a closed course. With the BLM declaring this as a “closed course” the doors for people that do not have a CA registered race vehicle has opened. That is big “give and take” by the BLM.

Along with it being declared as a closed course I have also seen some comments from people saying “They can’t keep me out” For the people saying this I would like to say, Don’t be that guy. You know, that guy that gets to go down in history saying, “I’m the a-hole that just couldn’t resist and ruined it for everyone else”.

Go to the designated spectator areas. Respect the BLM, Sheriffs, and the Special Forces Teams that will be out there. If you don’t, I hope they make it the worst weekend of your life.

I very much hesitated to get involved with this event after the hell I went through with the most idiotic spectators I have ever meet in my life at the SNORE Plaster City race last year. Yep, the ones at the lake bed… and you morons know who you are. If I have to spend another race day babysitting 45 year old men and woman that want to insult the BLM official that actually signed the permit, I will happily turn in my radio and go back to surfing.

Moral of the story…Don’t ruin the chance for people to continue to enjoy racing in Plaster City for years to come.

I didn’t move to the desert for racing to end. If you **
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!** up and cause issues please be ready to pay off my house so I can move back to some place cooler.

Don’t be a dick…
I think you should grab your board and find that that perfect barrel my thoughts are the same.Its all about respect and when its gone maybe they will understand that they were idiots.....

punchdrunk monkey

RDC Crypto
So, this is planned desert weekend for our group. It just so happens that there is a race too. Cool, we will do our driving and watch the race. What does "closed course" mean to us? Are we not allowed to drive around in Plaster City? Do we have to stay "x" distance away from the course (what if we were your average off-road family that didn't know there was a race)? If we are on a ride and happen to be by the course can we stop and watch?

I understand how the race works. I bet a majority of "the dicks" are not on RDC and DGAF. Just like the dumba s s that leaves all their trash in the desert, breaks bottles in the campfire, burns a sofa and leaves it for me to bring home.

McCredie A

RDC Crypto
So, this is planned desert weekend for our group. It just so happens that there is a race too. Cool, we will do our driving and watch the race. What does "closed course" mean to us? Are we not allowed to drive around in Plaster City? Do we have to stay "x" distance away from the course (what if we were your average off-road family that didn't know there was a race)? If we are on a ride and happen to be by the course can we stop and watch?

I understand how the race works. I bet a majority of "the dicks" are not on RDC and DGAF. Just like the dumba s s that leaves all their trash in the desert, breaks bottles in the campfire, burns a sofa and leaves it for me to bring home.

Was wondering the same thing. Not wanting to break the rules but just so happen to stumble upon part of the course that is closed to spectators.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
RDC Crypto
Yes more clarification on what this means for people who are going to the dezert that weekend and could really care less about the race. But seeing as its there might as well try to make it over and watch.

Psycho 910

RDC Crypto
^x3 I was wondering the same. I was planning to go out the same weekend to drive around and watch the race. Can we still do this or is infact a "CLOSED COURSE". If it is why is this race being ran on easter weekend, its a big weekend for this area. If race promoters are so concerned about racing in a open desert why not race on a friday and not so close to a big weekend.

dezertdoug

RDC Crypto
Website
www.borracing.org
Someone that has the SRP for this weekend needs to responed. BLM has basic stipulations for every SRP but some get different rules for different areas. Can someone post the BLM stipulations for this race? It will answer these questions. I would hate to see someone take a family out to play for the weekend in surrounding area with the cost of everything to not be able to unload there toys with out being cited.

Robert HDRA

RDC Crypto

The actual course ( 50' wide ) under permit will be closed from Tuesday thru Friday for safety during course marking and to ensure no prerunning. We will have an organized recon run on Friday morning at a max speed of 45 MPH and all must stop at all road crossings and areas of concern, all other areas will be open to recreation as always Tuesday thru Friday. Saturday morning there will be great spectator areas accessible right off the asphalt at the tressels for #1, second tressel for #2 and Plaster City West for spectator area #3 and there is a minimum of 100' setback at all areas. All other areas will require a pit pass, checkpoint, retrieval, road crossing or chase crew credentials (3) to gain access during the race. There will be access monitors on the North, West and East side of the course to monitor for OHV users that may be unaware of the race happening and also to detour and monitor the course, if there is a stop and watch situation, it must be from a minimum of 100' or the monitors will ask you to move back. Hope this helps, also if you want to get access to the course and staff the race at the same time, go to the website at www.hdrarace.com, go to the 'about hdra" tab, go down to the "workers questionair" and fill it out and work a location at the race, that way there is no gray area on whether you will have access to the remote parts of the course all the while helping in staffing the race. A few positions are still available like retrievals, road crossings and checkpoints, access monitors are full. First come, first served, once the positions are filled, all others will have to go to the spectator areas. Ther is alot of info on the website that may answer a lot of questions. Thanks to all and it is going to be a great race !!!!

punchdrunk monkey

RDC Crypto
The actual course ( 50' wide ) under permit will be closed from Tuesday thru Friday for safety during course marking and to ensure no prerunning. We will have an organized recon run on Friday morning at a max speed of 45 MPH and all must stop at all road crossings and areas of concern, all other areas will be open to recreation as always Tuesday thru Friday. Saturday morning there will be great spectator areas accessible right off the asphalt at the tressels for #1, second tressel for #2 and Plaster City West for spectator area #3 and there is a minimum of 100' setback at all areas. All other areas will require a pit pass, checkpoint, retrieval, road crossing or chase crew credentials (3) to gain access during the race. There will be access monitors on the North, West and East side of the course to monitor for OHV users that may be unaware of the race happening and also to detour and monitor the course, if there is a stop and watch situation, it must be from a minimum of 100' or the monitors will ask you to move back. Hope this helps, also if you want to get access to the course and staff the race at the same time, go to the website at www.hdrarace.com, go to the 'about hdra" tab, go down to the "workers questionair" and fill it out and work a location at the race, that way there is no gray area on whether you will have access to the remote parts of the course all the while helping in staffing the race. A few positions are still available like retrievals, road crossings and checkpoints, access monitors are full. First come, first served, once the positions are filled, all others will have to go to the spectator areas. Ther is alot of info on the website that may answer a lot of questions. Thanks to all and it is going to be a great race !!!!

Thank you! So it sounds like we can watch the race anywhere as long as we are repectful of the 100' rule. That doesn't sound to difficult.

Wayne_Nosala

RDC Crypto
Website
Nosala.com
Well said Doug, I hate to say it but this is where our sport is heading in the future if we dont comply with the promoters and overseeing agencies

We also need to step up and respond to the call of duty of promoters need help with spectator control, MORE has been slipping
by on the bare minimum of volunteers that show for help

A lot of people who read this message board love to race Mexico, But a lot still want to still enjoy racing to continue here, Including myself

Wayne

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
RDC Crypto
Not gonna lie I'm still confused. The road that goes from ocotillo wells to the plaster plant I'm sur crosses the course. What If I want to stay n ocotillo wells but want to get to the main pit area?

Jonny$B

RDC Crypto
Not gonna lie I'm still confused. The road that goes from ocotillo wells to the plaster plant I'm sur crosses the course. What If I want to stay n ocotillo wells but want to get to the main pit area?

Go around....its that simple! But Im sure there will be course officials to help you get access to main pit/ spectator areas.