plastic adhesive

Project1500

Reaction
I had to tear my door panels apart and now I need to put them back together. Problem is they are in two big pieces and I need something really strong, that stands high desert heat, and that a sticky adeshive that will bond them together so they wont come apart. I had to drill out the plastic spot welds (hot swadges) that chevy puts on all there plastic and now I need to put it back together.

Any suggestions?

WFODAN

Reaction
They sell this plastic adhesive in the paint section of Home Depot that I got today and fixed a cracked plastic radiator with . It dries in like ten minutes and is strong as hell . It was cheap too . Only 3.99 or something .

Rprice

Reaction
sounds good my rear view mirror fell off in the heat i think i heard they sell stuff for that too. But i'am not sure.

Ryan B

Reaction
You can go to a hardware store and get a two part glue I don't remember what it's called. it looks like two syringes comebined so when you squeeze the end the glue mixes and hardens. The glue is super strong and holds forever It's been holding the switches for my windows in my door panels for about a year now. I live in the desert so no worries about the heat.

SDranger

Reaction
thats called epoxy, its pretty strong but can be brittle. I remember hearing on here about some really strong adhesive that was used to put fiberglass on an inner bed skin or something like that??

PatrickG

Reaction
I picked some stuff up at pepboys, its a plastic weld. Its made by permatex and its the type with the
2 syringes together and its about $4. It sets up pretty quick and is super strong. I used it to glue my grille back togther and its held up really well.

Patrick

Project1500

Reaction
My buddy and I tried using bondo and fiberglass (moroglass?) It got to brittle over time and fell apart. Ill go down and get that stuff you mix in the syringe seems to be what works.

Rprice

Reaction
myrear veiw mirror fell of and i went to pep boys and got that syringe stuff works good hopfully it holds.