Play Station 2 $$$$

JCA

Just saw the CEO of Sony Entertainment (the division of Sony that makes PS2) interviewed saying that price is coming down from $299.00 to $199.00. I am not a gammer but I know my kids will probably be into it. I just thought if someone is about to buy it I would let them know about this.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

EQuin

Yeah, as soon as I heard the price dropped I went and bought it! I was afraid that they'd be sold out when I went to the store, but there were still plenty units left. I also heard the PS1 console dropped price from $99 to $49, the Xbox dropped from $299 to $199 to compete with Sony's price drop, and I heard that the Nintendo Game Cube dropped from $199 to $149 (or was it $159?). Also, I found the PS2 memory card selling for $24.88 at the local Wal-Mart. I think they're regular price is about $30.

Ed Q.

fox_mccloud2000

Well I do have to say. I fell sorry for everyone thats going to buy an X-box or PS2. In my opinion there not worth it. It you want something like that. Buy a computer and save your self the money for another time. Instead of that go and Buy a Gamecube! The Gamecube is much better then the PS2 or X-box any day of the week.

Well, thats my 2 cents. Well. Yea. Think about!

-matt-

mxjeremy

Are you insane? XBOX & PS2 not worth it? You must just be trying to get a rise out of all of us. Man, computers are way expensive compared to XBOX & PS2. Plus, the console games are awesome in comparison, and as soon as the consoles go online, PCs won't have anything on them.

And a note on gamecube. That thing is made for kids. The controllers are too small, the games are too easy & cartoony. And the thing's effing purple. Nintendo is for Gerber Babies.
late.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I try to avoid purple things...but pink thats a different story.

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

fox_mccloud2000

Hey!!! The Gamecube is for everyone. Even the mature audence. If you want something mature, play Resident Evil. This game will make you pee in your pants.

And the Gamecube is in purple and Jet Black. The jet black is much better.
And what have you been smoking|?! Just wait and see. The Gamecube will beat anything in is patch when it comes to real games.

And on the side. The consoles have been online for a long time now. Sega Saturn was the first one then the Dreamcast if you can't remember.

-matt-

Gamecube Rulez! PS2 & X-Box drulezs.

CoiloverKid

well, since i work for a PC company, and we pull these things apart, i let you all in on the hardcore specs that set the other consoles apart from the others.

first off, the XBOX's core clock speed is 733mHz. the gamecube? a measly 485 mHz, based off power pc pentium TWO technology.

XBOX's total memory? 64mb. Gamecube? 40 mb.

Playstation2's draw speed for polygons is 66M/sec (that's million) while gamecube runs at 6-12 M/sec ; and that's not counting the XBOX's 6.4 GB/sec!

XBOX is the only console with 5.1 surround built in. and it has 256 audio channels. the gamecube has 64.

where gamecube really fails is that the disk format is only made for gamecube. which means no VCD's, no DVD's, and not even audio CD's will play in it. it also has no support for HDTV.

XBOX and PS2 both have a max resolution of 1920x1080 , and gamecube running at a huge 640x480!

that's MY .02 !

+=UBCS Fo LIFE=+

mxjeremy

Is this your example of a mature audience?
'' Gamecube Rulez! PS2 & X-Box drulezs. ''

Dude, I stopped peeing my pants a long time ago. About the only thing that can get me to even drizzle is pinning a CR500 with NOS.

Gamecube games will never touch Gran Turismo 3, Grand Theft Auto 3, Halo, Metal Gear Solid, WRC, RalliSport Challenge, or ATV OffRoad Fury. Go play with your Mario and Yoshi and your puny little.... controller. Leave the real gaming to us. I'm playing Halo online tonight, so ask your older brother if you can play his XBOX, then look for me (mxjeremy) on GameSpy tonight, and it will be on like Donkey Kong.

What ever happened to Sega anyways? Oh yeah, it sucked compared to Playstation, so they decided to stick with the only thing they are good at, making games.

OK, you got me, I forgot that Sega has been online for 2 consoles. I must be slipping in my old age. Well, at least I'm not a Gerber Baby.
late.

fox_mccloud2000

Ok. To make this straight. Since you don't know the technology behind each system, I'm going to lay it out for y'll.

X-box has a core speed of 733mhz. But the process is a celaron. Celaron sucks! Which you probelly didn't know that.

Gamecube is 485mhz. But its not a celaron or intel for that matter. Its an IBM processor.

Its like comparing Intel to Apple. Apple is a better computer and has better processors. Inter's processors are CICS grade. Apple's processors are RICS. The differece if how the bits are processed. RICS are more powerful processors. Due the math. An Apple computer rated at 500mhz will beat an Intel Computer at 900mhz hands down!

And yes the X-box does have more memory, but its not the best memory. Gamecube has memory where it is needed.
'Playstation2's draw speed for polygons is 66M/sec (that's million) while gamecube runs at 6-12 M/sec ; and that's not counting the XBOX's 6.4 GB/sec!'
I know you got you numbers mixed up. 6.4 GB/sec is memory bandwidth. Not the pixels that can be put on the screen.
The pixel count are almost the same for each system except for PS2 with is smaller.

As for sound you are right in that area, thats the only thing I'll give you credit for.

The reason for the gamecube format being for only the gamecube is illegal copying. And the gamecube is a gaming station only. Not an all in one system like the others.

Oh yes. The Gamecube does support HDTV at the 480 level.

And yes the X-box and PS2 have a max resolution of 1920 by 1080. But it will never be used.

On a side note. If you have not done your research, don't say anything.

-matt-

fox_mccloud2000

Yea have fun with NOS. What a great thing. not

Ok. All those games are for the PS2, except for Halo, which has been out for a year already. Just wait and see what's going to happen next for any system. Anything can happen. X-box might fail due to bad sales of systems. Who knows.

And Yes I am A real Gamer. I've been doing it since the first system came out. So you have no room to talk there.

The Sega Dreamcast did not suck compared to the Playstation. Sega's problem was when it kept the same developers from the Saturn and did not expand to newer developers. End of story.

Aww yes. Sega was the first in starting the online revolution for consoles. They started it all. First servers, first system and second system. With out them, where would online gaming be for the consoles? Not where it is today. Think about it!

Ok I have a ps2, gamecube, x-box, dreamcast, saturn, n64 and so on.
And you telling me that I'm not old?! HAHA!

-matt-

CoiloverKid

i meant 6.4 GP instead of GB. gigapixels; my bad.. and rallisport challenge is for XBOX, ya know, it's exclusive. (a kick ass game). the draw off is the main target audience for GC, which are young teens and kids. it just doesnt cut it for those of us who want in depth RPG's or hardcore racing sims (by the way, when the new offroad truck racing game comparable to GT3 comes out, and it's not on GC, dont cry to me about it) and it's not rare to play at that resolution i use my PS2 on a big PC monitor, better FPS. try it sometime, it's a noticeable diff.

and yes the games have been out for a year, but that's only a good thing...they already have "best hits" bargains like GT3 for 20 bucks, while you actually have to PAY 50 bucks still to run around a mansion with a vaccume cleaner looking for mario. the only game i can think of worth playing on a GC is the star wars game, thats about it.

You're right about a pc too. if you build it up right, it'll kick ass, but for triple the money, but hey, it's your cash .. you have to admit, no way in a hundred years will nintendo EVER release a Dialbo 2-style game for GC.

+=UBCS Fo LIFE=+