• Forum membership has its advantages....

Please Keep A Lookout For This Boat

shrek

30+ foot Fountain. Primarily white in color with red and black "FOUNTAIN" on the side. Possibly black and white checkers on rear part.

Involved in a fatal crash up from Havasu 08-09-07 Last seen heading south from
the Havasu area. Possibly spotted near Cattail Cove.

If anyone knows this boat sees it or has seen it, notify Mohave County Sheriff's Office. If in the Havasu Springs area, the La Paz County Sheriff's Office. Or The San Bernardino Sheriff's Office if on the California side.

If you see it on the road, on the trailer, get license plate of vehicle or trailer and Registration numbers of boat, and call 911.

DZT RCR

Yes, I live here in Havasu, and know about this incident. we are all looking for this boat, I hope it was not a family member of yours involved. I wonder if someone could contact Reggie Fountain and get an idea of how many boats in this style are out here in the west. it couldn't be that many as he doesn't build thousands a year!

OldStroppeTeam

could contact Reggie Fountain and get an idea of how many boats in this style are out here in the west. !
Thank you, That suggestion has also been brought up on the Hot Boat forum. I know we are all looking out here. I was up on the lake Sunday in our dive team boat, and was asked by several boaters if we had located the boat yet. Please keep your eyes and ears open guys and gals, any help is certainly appreciated !

Karl
La Paz County Sheriff's Office
888-818-4911

shrek

Yes, I live here in Havasu, and know about this incident. we are all looking for this boat, I hope it was not a family member of yours involved. I wonder if someone could contact Reggie Fountain and get an idea of how many boats in this style are out here in the west. it couldn't be that many as he doesn't build thousands a year!
No......It was not a family member.....but one of my good friends was one of the only eye witnesses to the crash..........He was in a boat behind the accident and saw the entire thing............and then held the dying man in his arms in the middle of the river........while his 9 year old son watched the entire thing.............very sad, and wrong.

This boat/owner needs to be found.

Thanks for everyones "eyes".

Here is who you contact if you see this boat........this or call 911.

SBCSO Needles: (760) 326-9200

email: [email protected]

Shrek

Young&Fast

Sorry but what happened? How do you have boat accidents? It just seems like if the drivers are responsible they should all be safe on a big lake. If thats stupid then sorry, I've only been on a lake a few times.

shrek

Sorry but what happened? How do you have boat accidents? It just seems like if the drivers are responsible they should all be safe on a big lake. If thats stupid then sorry, I've only been on a lake a few times.
Not a stupid question.......

1) It was in a narrow area of the river that leads to lake havasu.......

2) Most boat drivers are responsible, but there are many that are not. It also seems that there are many on Havasu that are not.

Problem is, you dont need any kind of training/license to drive a boat...........just a boat.

Shrek

OldStroppeTeam

Not a stupid question.......

Problem is, you dont need any kind of training/license to drive a boat...........just a boat.

Shrek
and often alcohol is also a factor !

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Havasu isnt a big lake and the boats get bigger every year. Powell or Mead...those are big lakes.

BIG JOHN

I Just Read On Hotboat Forum That It Was Up Near Topock Marinia,and The Boat Was Heading South So Figure Havasu. Also Read That The Guy That Was Hit Was On A "pwc" Aka Lake Lice. Not That What Happened Isnt Tragic And My Heart Goes Out To The Family But I Have Had To Shut My Boat [slow Pontoon] Down Many A Time Because "some" Of The People That Ride These Things Have No Training And Dont Bother To Look Before Turning Right In Front Of You. Still Not Right To Leave The Scene.

shrek

I Just Read On Hotboat Forum That It Was Up Near Topock Marinia,and The Boat Was Heading South So Figure Havasu. Also Read That The Guy That Was Hit Was On A "pwc" Aka Lake Lice. Not That What Happened Isnt Tragic And My Heart Goes Out To The Family But I Have Had To Shut My Boat [slow Pontoon] Down Many A Time Because "some" Of The People That Ride These Things Have No Training And Dont Bother To Look Before Turning Right In Front Of You. Still Not Right To Leave The Scene.
Agreed.......I have had to make "evasive" manuvers many a time to avoid lake lice.......fortunately the new boat has exhaust that comes out the side of the boat, so they hear me coming, and its much less of a issue now.

But...........that was not the case here........One of the people that saw the entire thing is one of my buddies, and this guy was driving in a straight line next to his son on another PWC..........and the Fountain tried to split them........

Shrek

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
the guy in the fountain may not have even known he hit them from your description shrek, he probably thought he split them, looked back saw that the guy tipped over, laughed and kept going thinking he "showed them" like several other boaters do to asshats on PWC's. Did the PWC put a hole in the Fountain's hull or did it just brush the side? Was the PWC destroyed? With the motors the boats have these days the driver probably couldnt hear a train wreck right next to him.

shrek

the guy in the fountain may not have even known he hit them from your description shrek, he probably thought he split them, looked back saw that the guy tipped over, laughed and kept going thinking he "showed them" like several other boaters do to asshats on PWC's. Did the PWC put a hole in the Fountain's hull or did it just brush the side? Was the PWC destroyed? With the motors the boats have these days the driver probably couldnt hear a train wreck right next to him.
Possible, but not probable.............The jet ski was almost cut in half, and it was stuck into the bottom of the river, so I would think it made some sort of noise....he hit him pretty hard.......although he may not have heard it over twins.

Shrek

mattb

I'm really surprised to hear that the individual that did this hasn't been located yet. With so few access points to get a boat like this in and out of the water, I would have thought this would be a lay-up for the police to catch someone who did this by camping out and waiting for them. Did anyone see if it had CA or AZ #'s on it? Did anyone see it happen and try to stop him? Did he maintain speed or try to leave the scene? These guys baby their boats so much that when he got it on the trailer he had to know he he something good- I hope that the individual is found and this can be put to rest.

M_Solms

Maybe the boat is on the bottom of the river.

151fab

Havasu has a ton of ramps, some abandoned and hidden by overgrowth. The lake itself is like forty miles long, and has hundreds of miles of shore on each side, and splits two states. There are many places someone in the know could pull there boat out even without a ramp. Yes, even a boat that big. Anyone who's tried to launch during Memorial has seen others using the beach and a big truck to launch instead of waiting for hours at the ramp. Everyone who's owned a big boat, myself included, hates the pwcs but thats no excuse to neglect safety around them; so don't make excuses for this guys actions by saying it was a pwc or that his boat was too loud to even hear an impact! IF HE WAS CLOSE ENOUGH TO IMPACT IN THE FIRST PLACE HE'S AT FAULT. Pwcs have the right-of-way for a reason, whether you agree with it or not. Someone lost a father, son, brother, husband, etc. I hope his family and your friend's family can heal from this and that the other driver is caught.

Tipracer

Still it is truly amazing that NOBODY has spotted this boat since...Any updates?