• Forum membership has its advantages....

Please Keep A Lookout For This Boat

151fab

I agree. But give it time, I've owned a Fountain and I was keenly aware of all the other Fountains I ran across. Its a small community and I bet someone else with a Fountain gives the cops a few good leads.

M_Solms

Just seems if it hit hard enough to split the jet ski in half like they say it could have put a hole in the boat.

If there was another boat with them they pick them up and let it sink, or maybe they even pull the plug.

Making payments on a boat you no longer have probably looks better than jail.

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
well, if the idoit is dumb enough to come back out, i'm sure he'll be there this weekend for labor day. i'm sure people will have their eyes open for the boat. hopefully they catch him. our lake is not that big and every year it just gets filled with more and more 30ft-40ft boats going over 100 mph everywhere.

shrek

That is the rumor going around.

To launch a boat that big on a beach would be pretty hard. There are a lot of ramps that could be used without anyone knowing. There are plenty of houses up in Bullhead and Needless.
I think the boat was just pulled out very quickly.......at that moment there was lots of bad information going around, and everyone was focused on trying to save the guy and not catch the boat. I am not sure that you could sink a boat in havasu of that size without drawing some attention........now, if he pulled it out, headed due west, and called a friend to meet him in the Pacific somewhere, thats entirely possible.

My buddy who saw it could have chased him down, but he made the only decision there was to stop and try to save the guy........unfortunately, he was beyond saving........and then it became a recovery effort, while trying to isolate the guys son from seeing his Dad that way.

Shrek

Fourstroker

That sucks. Sounds like your buddy did the right and only thing

ACME

We ride the bouy line at by Bill Williams river/Havasu Springs and noticed a couple of bumers/rope and a life cushion floating up against the bouy's a few weeks ago. We saw a Ranger, mentioned the stuff to him and the accident and he cruised over to it. His comment was they think something sank, as there had been a lot of stuff floating around, full beer cans, life vests etc... We've been hanging on the south endo of the lake and river for a LONG time and the idiots in big boats with no regard are out of control. Nothing like a BIG BOAT, Loud Motor and Alcohol to validate your masculinity. Same crap/trash and attitudes we face in the desert, after they close the desert they can focus on the waterways...

Tipracer

The guy will probably wait a while then report it stolen...spineless richard head.
But you never know...it could be anywhere...especially after this length of time. KARMA WILL GET HIM!!!

MALIBLOC

YOU ABSOLUTELY RIGHT , KARMA IS GONNA CATCH UP WITH HIM, AND I HOPE HE GET WHAT'S COMING TO HIM!!!!!!!
I'ts only worth going to havasu now on off weekends!!!

bajabigdog

YOU ABSOLUTELY RIGHT , KARMA IS GONNA CATCH UP WITH HIM, AND I HOPE HE GET WHAT'S COMING TO HIM!!!!!!!
I'ts only worth going to havasu now on off weekends!!!
This topic came up on Hotboats about "off weekends", go backand read the article, (post #1), this accident happened on a THURSDAY!!!:confused:

Roscoes Rescue Rangers

Contact the Havasu Police , have them look up a boat that was ticketed for having a foul name on the back P--sy RULES. that boat seems to match the discription you are looking for. they made the driver cover up the name so no one could see it. Maybe this will help you.

maxyedor

Any updates?

Hopefully if the guy in the boat did decide to scuttle it he got caught in it and drowned, but somehow it seems like he'd be to stupid to drown. Tragic story.

aiiraciing

Contact the Havasu Police , have them look up a boat that was ticketed for having a foul name on the back P--sy RULES. that boat seems to match the discription you are looking for. they made the driver cover up the name so no one could see it. Maybe this will help you.
Is this the one your talking about? Not sure if this pic will help you out at all, but its worth a shot.

Any updates?

Attachments

curtnrod19

WOW. just read this thread. only beeing to Havasu once, spring break on a small boat but i will never go back there! even in January! Thats very sad news indeed. any more news on this??

Curtis Beard

JPBart

That boat is most likely long gone by now. The guy slipped through the cracks and knows what deep **** he is in if he gets caught. He's covered his tracks, painted the boat and sold it or will just let it hide in storage for a very long time until it's safe for him to bring it out.

The whole thing sucks but I would be shocked if they ever find him or the boat.