Please say a prayer for Jordan Kundert and help his Recovery!!

Race8100

Just got back from seeing Jordan. .
Jamie, leave it to you to write such a positive sentiment for this situation! Its tough down there. I've named that trauma unit as the 'anti-Disney land; the least happiest place on earth'. Best that can be said is that his bed is all the way at the end of the corridor, so hopefully he is somewhat insulated from the mayhem that is happening outside his room. Sooner that he can be moved to a room inside the better!

Saturday night was amazing to see so many people turn up. It seemed like people just kept coming. What a show of support for him! Also, no words can possibly begin to describe the outflow of donations that came in.

"Good fortune or bad fortune is unimportant. The vicissitudes of life are but the means to shape your character. If you suffer adversity and react in the proper way, in the long run you will be benefited as fully as though you had good fortune."

johnnyweb

I do not know Jordan real well but have had the chance to hang out with him a couple times. Seems to be a very intelligent , level headed, good guy. jajaja hell with what the doctor says. I personally had a bad get off on my motorcycle years ago. Destroyed my Lt leg badly, broken c2 vertebra in my neck etc. Doctors told me I had nerve damage and they were not sure what kind of recovery was possible and that I was never going to walk right again. Well though it seems Jordan's damages are worse then mine I say make a solid stance that you will walk! and make it happen! it will happen! Hang in there Jordan and keep looking forward for a solid recovery. It can be done!

sb4pro

Jordan be positive and you'll walk again . Your an offroad racer ! That means you never give up . Just picture every step towards your recovery as another checkpoint . Get to the 1st one and then keep racing on to the next . You may hit hurdles along the way just as you'de hit silt beds , rocky passes , flat tires etc . Just keep pushing thru them the same way you'de push thru the race obstacles . We will all continue praying for you and rooting you on all the way . This ain't the Baja 1000 is even greater it's the Baja LIFE !

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Update on Jordan's recovery process

5/14/2014 - Due to the fluid in Jordan's lungs from that collapsed lung the doctors intubated Jordan at around 8:30 p.m. tonight and put him on a machine to breathe for him so he could rest and drain the fluid out of his lungs. This is to help give his body a break so he will hopefully get out of UMC Trauma faster and start rehabilitation.

There is also a blog that has been established for status updates: http://jordankundert.blogspot.com.

On Saturday May 10th Jordan was out riding his dirt bike with his friend Kris and had suffered a very severe crash. He was then airlifted to UMC Trauma Center, where they assessed he had suffered a collapsed lung and severe spinal damage. The outpouring of support he received that night from family and friends was amazing, and the next day was spent deciding the surgerical procedure that would be performed the following day.

On Monday morning Jordan went in for surgery with Dr. Daubs, who then performed spinal surgery where he recovered the bone fragments from the spinal cord and placed a cage to repair the damage to multiple vertebrae, the focus being in the T5-T6 region. Surgery was completed around 6 pm that evening. The following day Jordan was breathing on his own and recovering in the trauma unit. The next goal is to downgrade Jordan from Trauma to a Intermediate Care Unit (IMC) at the hospital. We are hoping that is done in the next couple of days. However he is still fairly tired post surgery and resting. Visitors are welcome to the hospital; however the Trauma Unit does not allow visitors between 6-9 p.m.

Many of you have asked the status of Jordan's ability to walk. At this time, he cannot feel below his mid chest. Dr. Daubs also stated post surgery that it will be a hard battle for him going forward to regain feeling, a 20% chance. However Jordan is a VERY determined young man and we all have high hopes for him going forward. We are currently researching and discussing with medical professionals the best options for rehabilitation centers and hoping to get Jordan to one as soon as he is ready.

WE THANK YOU ALL for the support and donations; personally and through gofundme.com. There are several various fundraisers being discussed to help assist with Jordan's future needs, so we will update as we have more information on those events.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Jordan Visitors & Update - Thursday May 15th

Wednesday afternoon Jordan had been fighting a fever and was having trouble breathing, so last night the staff decided to intubate him on a machine that will do the breathing for him and help to eliminate the other problems he has been fighting.

He is currently in a sedated state, so if you still want to come to the hospital to support Jordan please do. Some of the family and friends will be here throughout the day. They are limiting the visitors to the hospital room until Jordan is back to breathing on his own again.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. We will update you all as soon as there is more information.

DoitforBMoore

Mark your calendars June 14th 6pm

Pole Position Summerlin

Fundraiser for the Jordan Kundert Recovery fund.

Tons of huge items will be auctioned off.

Give aways , ect ect. More details to follow. Just wanna get date out there.
Will update soonMark your calendars June 14th 6pm

Pole Position Summerlin

Fundraiser for the Jordan Kundert Recovery fund.

Tons of huge items will be auctioned off.

Give aways , ect ect. More details to follow. Just wanna get date out there.
Will update soon

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Stef went and visited Jordan yesterday evening. He has pneumonia and they are hoping to have that cleared by the end of the weekend. He is heavily sedated and is unable to speak due to the intubation and other tubes, and doesn't really respond. So if you're going to visit him, just keep this all in mind. With him having pneumonia, the hospital has requested that anyone visiting Jordan must wash or sanitize hands entering before entering his room, as this will help to eliminate any further infection. And of course, if you have a cold or the flu, or just getting over it, it's probably best that you wait to see him until you're completely well.

THANKS FOR HELPING OUT WITH THIS.

Last edited:

sb4pro

Jordan I hope this brings you some peace and comfort .

The Racer’s Prayer

Lord, I pray as I race today,

Keep me safe along the way.

Not only me, but the others, too,

As we compete, drive hard, drive true.

Lord Jesus, I know that in a race,

It’s my desire to set the pace,

But in the race through life I pray,

Help me dear Jesus, along the way,

I know, dear God, I am a sinner,

But through the blood of Jesus,

I am an eternal winner.

DoitforBMoore

Monday May 19th

Unfortunately today we haven't seen much change. Jordan is still sedated and the letting the medicine and breathing tubes do the work they need to.

He has a great nursing staff working with him and keeping his body moving as much as it needs to.

They are projecting it may be a couple days before we see any improvements. However they do believe they caught the penomina early enough to keep it under control.

Keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming.

johnnyweb

Wow seems like it went from bad to worse. Sometimes in life you have to endure bad things to get the the good things at the end of the road. Hang in there Jordan!

DoitforBMoore

Donating to Jordan
With the serious spinal injury Jordan has suffered, he will be require a specialty rehab facility and a lot of assistance once he has completed rehab. His insurance has authorized 30 days at rehab; however, they feel he will be needing at least 60 days there. He will also be needing equipment post rehab to help him continue his progress and home modification to accommodate his special needs.

We want to thank each and everyone of you who have already donated. Raising the amount of money that has been donated so far in such a short period of time is absolutely amazing and we can't thank everyone enough for your support!

However, more is still needed to help Jordan. If you would like to make a donation or know of someone who would, please pass on the information below.

A account has been set up at Chase Bank:

Account name: Jordan A. Kundert Special Needs Trust

Account #:3026062678

If you would like to donate via check, please make it out to the account name above. If you contact Brittany Burgos, she can arrange to meet/pick up from you.
Call or text: 702-325-9623
Email: bburgos06@yahoo.com

You can also take the check into your local Chase Branch. Chase Bank will accept personal/business checks, cashier checks, and money orders from non Chase customers, as well as credit & debit cards; however, your banking institution may charge a fee, but Chase will not charge a fee to you.

The Gofundme.com account is still open as well:http://www.gofundme.com/92tpy0?forcedesktop=1

There is a fundraiser on June 14th for Jordan at Pole Position Summerlin, with half of the race proceeds going to Jordan, as well as the proceeds from the raffle and silent auction.

Thank you everyone for your continued support for Jordan. We cannot thank you enough!

-Jordan's Loved Ones

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
WOOOOHOOOO!! Best news I've heard in a long, long time. This is the finest brain and spine injury rehabilitation facility in the country! You've got this Jordan!! XO

Jordan Update tonight!!! From Kyle:

Just leaving the hospital. Jordan is flying to Craig Rehab Center in Colorado first thing in the am. This is great news.he is awake and alert. He cannot talk but is doing well lip speaking and hand signals.i showed him pictures of the race truck and he gave a big smile and thumb up.he has come along way this week and he knows exactly what he needs to do in rehab. He is already pulling himself around in his bed and wants to get stronger he promised me he would give it all he has in rehab.

slanted66

I live not far from Craig. BEST facility around for his type of injury. I don't know you guys, but let me know if there is anything I can do to help while he is in town!!

pjc

Chairman
It's too bad Jordan can't hear the Weatherman right now. Hospitals suck and the closest thing to being at the race is listening to the weatherman which Roger Norman has taken away from everyone.

DoitforBMoore

Little video right before the start of the Baja 500..

Jordan wrote a note that said. If i can put 10 minutes on Robby Bell. I can put 10 minutes on Robby G.