Point to Point vs loop race

Would racers like to see a point to point race in Southern Nevada?

• Yes

Votes: 102 84.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 15.7%

• Total voters

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
SNORE would like to hear from racers. What do you think about having a point to point race? Example something like Tonapah down to Jean or Primm instead of a loop race in Jean.Please stay on the subject and be serious.

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Seems like a cool idea to do. How many race miles would something like that end up being?

The only challenge would be that a lot of SNORE racers are out there racing SNORE because it's much more economical than other race series, so I can see the logistics being a problem for some..... But with enough time to plan for it, I think it would be do-able. Any talk of which race date this would be?

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
I think its a great idea. Loop races are good from a Rescue standpoint. Easy access to a rolled car or downed racer. Closed course and closed roads in area make retrieval easy. We are allowed for example to go over the posted limit on Night Ranch to get to a down racer as long as we use lights and sirens. We can use them there because its not a county maintained road. However on a point to point we are only allowed to go posted limits, unless we have the liscencing to run code 3 on the highway.Only a few Rescue workers have that. Back to topic. On a point to point we have to jump from checkpoint to checkpoint. Means asking more people to Volunteer their time and vehicles. But pont to points are always more fun and exciting just takes more resources.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
I think this would be a great idea. Would be tough to do. Where would we be able to cross over the 15? I think the BLM would put the ixnay on this one. I don't know........
A big ramp?:D

Point to point would be rad but the logistics are more difficult. Our team could handle it but it would be difficult for smaller ones. The affordability would be an issue for others too I would imagine.

I think it would be pretty cool to do a Snore point to point race though.

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
SNORE is looking into the logistics as well as cost and date. There was some suggestion that a pole had been taken and racers would rather run a loop race in Jean than a point to point such as this.I have been hearing from AZ racers that they want something a little shorter than Vegas to Reno and run in the opposite direction.Stay on track hear please

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
I think this would be a great idea. Would be tough to do. Where would we be able to cross over the 15? I think the BLM would put the ixnay on this one. I don't know........
Pat you would go under the 15 my man and it is possible just trying to see if racers would like something like this

Zambo

Reaction
How about a two day race? First day, you run up to Tonopah, everybody spends the night, second day you run the course backwards back to Vegas or wherever you started.

Reaction
Seriously, what about the toads? I liked a point to point like the Pahrump BITD: easy to chase, fun to race, no laps.

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
I would be all over a point to point single day race.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Almost any alternative course to Jean/Primm would be welcomed by the racers. Tonopah to Jean? That is a ridiculous suggestion - dream on -- will not happen - no way, no how- there is a town or two in the way. Tonopah to Alamo or Tonopah to Mesquite or Tonopah to Beatty -- more realistic. The Amorgosa Toad gets in the way of anything south of Beatty these days.

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
There are options and it is possible. Im only asking if RACERS would be interesed in something like this. No media pass for you ha-ha

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
haha...soup nazi turned media coordinator... got me there -- i am not a RACER, so I will go back to my room and lie down. Just don't say I didn't warn you of the Amargosa Toad - they bite!

Jones23

Reaction
SNORE would like to hear from racers. What do you think about having a point to point race? Example something like Tonapah down to Jean or Primm instead of a loop race in Jean.Please stay on the subject and be serious.
I would!!

How about Lake Havasu to Rocky Point :D

Huntington Beach

Reaction
Some of you are missing the point here:

SNORE is looking at every option available for future race sites, one being a point to point race of yet to be determined lengh and location. Would the racers like to do a P2P in the Southern Neveda area if it meant one less race at Primm for the season?

From what I have heard this race would most likely be in the mid to late fall after turtle season and be 250-400 miles... but this is just a rumor and will not be confirmed at this time.

B-Dub you should add a poll to this thread.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Some of you are missing the point here:

SNORE is looking at every option available for future race sites, one being a point to point race of yet to be determined lengh and location. Would the racers like to do a P2P in the Southern Neveda area if it meant one less race at Primm for the season?

From what I have heard this race would most likely be in the mid to late fall after turtle season and be 250-400 miles... but this is just a rumor and will not be confirmed at this time.

B-Dub you should add a poll to this thread.
I just added a poll to this thread. For the record, I am 100% behind this idea. Somewhere in the vacinity of 3-500 miles would be awesome.

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
Thanks gentlemen, There was a suggestion that racers would rather do a loop race in Jean instead of a point to point race in Southern Nevada. Just trying to show some of our board of directors which are all volunteers and voted in by SNORE members/racers that there are many Az,Ca and Nev racers that want to race a point to point in southern Nev.

Bajades

Reaction
I would love to see another point to point race in Nevada. Doing circles in Primm doesn't excite me that much.

randy s

Reaction
A big ramp?:D

Point to point would be rad but the logistics are more difficult. Our team could handle it but it would be difficult for smaller ones. The affordability would be an issue for others too I would imagine.

I think it would be pretty cool to do a Snore point to point race though.
tunnel under the highway. any desert race is a good race. if you build it, they will come. sorry. i saw field of dreams yesterday.

Marley Racing

Reaction
I have not raced with SNORE in 2009 yet but have raced a little with you in the past couple of years and certainly would plan on racing any point to point race SNORE put on.

I've been running the BORE series (may again if things get going under new owner Allen Gerber) and they put on races out of Wendover & Ely that are on totally fresh course, not beat up at all. Thinking that perhaps a race starting north and running south towards Mesquite could probably be permit-able.