Pokemon Go!

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
"Kids going outside to play Pokemon while dad stays inside to play Pokemom"

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
At least it's getting these fat ass kids up and walking around. And if they happen to walk into traffic, well that's just natural selection I guess.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Went to the farmers market at the local mall Tuesday and there were a ton of kids (and adults, me) playing it.

In the game one way to get special Pokemon is to hatch eggs, the only way to hatch eggs is to either walk 2km, 5km, or 10km with 10km giving you the rarerest Pokemon. I saw kids running in circles trying to hatch their eggs. One kid even yelled "Hey, this is good excercise" while he was running.

My company just received an order for 90,000 Pokemon shirts.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
In the first 5 days the game was released I got a medal in the game for walking 10km. Yesterday I needed .04km to hatch an egg, I used my break to go on a walk to complete it. The cool thing is it wont register distance once you go over 15mph, so jumping in a car and driving 10km wont help.

I have met several neighbors walking around all doing the same thing too. From kids to adults.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

200MPHTape

Reaction
When it first came out I had no idea what the hell everyone was doing coming down our access. Then last Friday, we were drinking beer in the garage when a dad and son(looked 5-6) on their bikes came down the way and slammed on the brakes and started to back up. I said, "why the heck everyone keeps coming down here?", friend said "their playing pokimon go", "what the F is that?" I got explained and now I get a good laugh at folks staring at their phones and walking around like zombies trying to find the pokimon in the access(I work out of the garage). One day there where 2 guys early 20's coming down the drive and I watched as they tried to find it, they got about 5 feet from where it is and turned around and went the other way, then started to come back, then went east behind a building, came back in to view and started the wrong way again, stopped and looked like a dog trying to find a spot to lay down. They were about 200 feet away and I yelled and pointed, "right there on the speed bump", they looked at each other and proceeded to the speed bump, got their pokimon and I got the thumbs up from them and off they went for the next one. It makes me wonder what the heck the thing looks like?

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
You can youtube several videos of in-game play, it's actually a very smart idea. You don't necessarily need to look at your phone every second to know there is one around you, with the app open the phone will vibrate when one appears. People think you have to look under bushes or climb something, that is not true. I catch up to 10 in a day just sitting at my desk, on the map they show up to 100ft away from where I sit.

I didn't get to play it growing up, it was only available on Nintendo DS and I never owned one. Never really understood the game until I bought my nephew a 3DS for his birthday with a Pokemon game. I also had a 3DS my wife had bought me. When we went to Gamestop they had buy 2 games get one free so I picked one up for myself just to see what the big deal was. My nephew and I played for hours every weekend he would visit. I've logged over 300 hours on that game trying to "catch em all." Currently I believe there are 722 total Pokemon, on my game I have close to 400. You need to either own every version of the game to collect them all or get lucky and trade online.

I have no doubt the hype will die off soon and only the hardcore players will be left to play.

There is a rumor that the developer, Niantic, might work on a Game of Thrones game with the same concept. I can only imagine how many people will be outside trying to take over each others territory if the game gets made. I think this concept has opened a new door in gaming and I can't wait for what else they come up with.

Been gaming since I had an Atari 2600 and I doubt I will ever stop.

Don't be afraid to try it for yourself, it's completely free. Try it for a few minutes then delete it, or get hooked and become a zombie like the rest of us :)

200MPHTape

Reaction
The cel reception here is really bad, so I'm guessing that has a lot to do with so much wondering around here is from. Everyone that lives around here must already have him, don't see hardly anyone looking for it this week.

From what I have read the guy who made it also did the engine for google earth, so pretty much everything has been placed using GE so they are all on GPS cords and that would explain why their not under trees and bushes, what ever is visible and some what safe from traffic. How close you have to get I would guess your speed would be the factor?

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Cell reception is a problem for me too at work, I can see the border from my desk and sometimes my phone will grab a Mexico signal.

I'm almost positive if you have wifi and your phone is detected by GPS it will work, assuming there are Pokemon within the area of your wifi.

I did not know that about the guy from GE, the apps GPS navigation looks really well made. There are these things called "Pokestops" and when you click on one it shows a picture of the location. How they did that is beyond me.