>>> POKER RUN in CAL CITY - MAY 30 <<<

Lucho

Missed me by a week. Gonna be out there this weekend.
You and about 40,000+ others. Have a great time. Stay over for the next week. You can hang out at our amusement park, visit all the night clubs and play golf on all seven courses we feature. Oh, yes, you can also waterski and sail on our lake. Just a few things to do. jajaja!

Lucho

A T-38 Fighter Trainer crashed in California City's Desert, east of the buttes about six miles from town at 1:15 p.m. this afternoon. The crash site appears to be in the middle of the 50-mile Poker Run course, which is scheduled for May 30. We spoke with those in command because we were there to help in the search process, and they indicated that all debris will be gone by this weekend and it should not affect our Poker Run, May 30. That's good news.

AVE

Fourstroker

A T-38 Fighter Trainer crashed in California City's Desert, east of the buttes about six miles from town at 1:15 p.m. this afternoon. The crash site appears to be in the middle of the 50-mile Poker Run course, which is scheduled for May 30. We spoke with those in command because we were there to help in the search process, and they indicated that all debris will be gone by this weekend and it should not affect our Poker Run, May 30. That's good news.

AVE
Lou,

Where exactly are you talking about. some of my group is heading out in the morning and could reroute around if necessary.

Lucho

Lou,

Where exactly are you talking about. some of my group is heading out in the morning and could reroute around if necessary.
Attached is the approximate location. It's on Proctor Ave. (continuation of Cal City Blvd) between Esse and Cadillac, right on Chrysler. We just went there this morning and they are still looking for parts, and the pilot and they have closed the area marked in red. Hopefully they will be done soon.

Attachments

Lucho

It looks like we will have to change the poker run course a bit to avoid the wreckage. I went out today and spoke with the commander from Edwards and it may take them two or three weeks to assess everything. No biggie, it's just a little detour and in fact, we found something even better. So we'll post the new course next week sometime.

AVE

Lucho

Is this an annual event?
Yes, this is the first annual and next May, we'll have the 2nd Annual.
However, there is at least one more Poker Run this Fall and that will be the First Annual Fall...something and something...

The mood is perfect in Cal City for us to do many events backed by the City--like Off-Road Days in September 4-6, 2009--so we're going to take advantage that they finally like OHVers.
Traci'n is in our future as well as, and you won't believe this...

We're doing an Equestrian Off-Road Endurance race later this year. In the meantime, July 11, 2009 we'll have the first annual "Sizzling Saddles" Poker Run (Venegas, where are you?), these are limited to a one-horse power source, literally.

Hey, boys and girls, I'm a promoter so I better get busy!

Soon, "DAZED & CONFUSED IN BAJA" is coming out--"Lucho's Baja Journal" with lots of great, funny accounts--some of which you may have read in Race-Dezert, but there are plenty more. Great gift. Get your orders in. The first 100 copies will be signed by "Lucho" with a special dedication to the reader, like: "Dummy, you could have spent $19.99 on your girlfriend instead of Lucho's trash." or "For $19.95 I could feed 37 hungry kids in the Sudan!" or "Hell, I pi ssed more than that at the Cotton Tail Club during last year's Vegas to Reno race."

Lucho