Polaris sells Transamerican Auto Parts “4WP” what does this mean for the sport?

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
From what I understand Polaris was planning on getting trans into UTV parts. They added a lot but not sure how well it sold.

We buy a lot from trans, lately every sku we look for it out of stock. Super sucks.

—John

BCarr

RDC Crypto
IMO, probably nothing from a customer perception pov. However, probably something from an available marketing budget pov (but likely not this year because that budget could be considered allocated).

Advertising supports this site

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_3445.png

IMG_3446.png

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
How do you buy a company for $663 million and sell it for $50 million? I am confused...

You load it with debt and keep the cash.

Rumors are Adler owns many of the locations 4WP leases and would be turning them into ORW locations upon renewal.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Polaris under Scott Wine’s control bought Boat Holdings for $805 million dollars in 2018. Since the acquisition they dissolved 3 of the brands and kept 3 under the Boat Holdings. It would not surprise me to see them sell off what’s left of the company, or sell the 3 brands off independently.

They also own the Glamis store and property around it. That’s probably another asset even though minuscule in value, but they could dump that too?

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
"Rumors are Adler owns many of the locations 4WP leases and would be turning them into ORW locations upon renewal."

You know that ISN'T a rumor!

sand shark

RDC Crypto
Polaris under Scott Wine’s control bought Boat Holdings for $805 million dollars in 2018. Since the acquisition they dissolved 3 of the brands and kept 3 under the Boat Holdings. It would not surprise me to see them sell off what’s left of the company, or sell the 3 brands off independently.

They also own the Glamis store and property around it. That’s probably another asset even though minuscule in value, but they could dump that too?

I think they will keep the Glamis location. They get rent from the vendors during the season and they use the location for testing. More importantly they will using it when Camp RZR starts up again.

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Polaris owned Victory motorcycles. Had the famous builder Arlen Ness help them with their design.
That failed.
Then they bought the rights to Indian motorcycle. With a brand new design/motor that mimics the looks of the original, they are doing good so far. But they are also heavy into factory sponsored flat track and King of the baggers racing.

cm cm

RDC Crypto
I was at 400 w Artesia Blvd the day they fired anyone over 45… they straight up brought in armed executive protection guys type guys. Fancy suits and concealed weapons—just in case!

I was promoted to run the department I was working in… after the guy who was running it was fired with zero warning. I eventually got a $0.17/hr raise for my initiative post changeover.

4wp was my first “large company” I ever worked for. During the Adler days I thought it was pretty sweet! Felt the love, felt a part of something! Bitchin benefits, awesome company parties, etc! After they showed Adler the door, it was all downhill. Bikini girls to sell fuel brodozer diesel truck wheels? NOT APPROPRIATE!

Frankly, this is a shame for the people who built this company, it really did feel like a family! But I’m glad I got out shortly after!

Furthermore, I wish ORW all the luck in the world! Hope to see them succeed where trans is failing!

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
It always puzzles me when a large corporation purchases a company because it recognizes the value of that company, then immediately replaces everyone that made it have value in the first place. I saw this coming the day they bought it.
The company I formerly worked for was bought by the one I currently work for. The "M. O." of the company is to purchase successful businesses that are for sale and keep the owner on under contract. If the owner stays, he is required to reinvest a percentage of his payment back in and then signs a 3 year contract. If all goes well they stay forever, or they can get out after three years. The owner of my former company is now the COO of the entire company and makes a killing. I think most have departed after their contract is up, some left on their own accord and a few have been paid off and sent packing because they didn't keep doing the same things they did when they built their successful company.

They also put 6 of the top guys under contract and all but 2 of them are still here running a successful company. There have been some procurements that have not worked out, but most have been successful and still running strong.

Gadzooks2

RDC Crypto
Website
www.cnse.engr.ucr.edu
The company I formerly worked for was bought by the one I currently work for. The "M. O." of the company is to purchase successful businesses that are for sale and keep the owner on under contract. If the owner stays, he is required to reinvest a percentage of his payment back in and then signs a 3 year contract. If all goes well they stay forever, or they can get out after three years. The owner of my former company is now the COO of the entire company and makes a killing. I think most have departed after their contract is up, some left on their own accord and a few have been paid off and sent packing because they didn't keep doing the same things they did when they built their successful company.

They also put 6 of the top guys under contract and all but 2 of them are still here running a successful company. There have been some procurements that have not worked out, but most have been successful and still running strong.
Polaris didn't quite do it that way, they just let a bunch of good people go all at once and the results of that genius strategy are there for the world to see.