Polaris turbo advice

M.Tornel Jr

Reaction
We need a new prerunner for baja, does anyone have any advice about the turbo? Has anyone had any problems with it? Particularly if u prerun baja races with it? Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated thanks

9rocky

Reaction
Change the clutch bolt. It is imperative...

RPI just happens to make one...;)

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
They are pretty bullet proof. The lower front A-arms are susceptible to rocks and fuel range can be an issue. Tons of people pre-run in Polaris RZRs...both turbo and non-turbo.

CJEFFERIES

Reaction
Wait until the new Arctic cat comes out. It is very impressive. Looks, handling and accessories are legit as well.

swiftracing5

Reaction
What are you guys doing for fuel range with a stock tank? Can you ever plan on 100 miles?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

jsallenbach

Reaction
We pre ran in a 4 seat 1000 razor at san Felipe in 2015 and went from el chinero to borrego, splashed 5 gallons of gas then went from borrego to the junction and then cut across zoo road into petes camp. Had no issues with it. I sat in the back seat which I don't recommend..

tapeworm

Reaction
New Can Am Maverick X3 RS. Better than the Polaris in every aspect, fuel safe already makes a fuel cell for it. Gets around 10 mpg stock. They are very very fast and more than capable to tackle anything Baja has to offer.

43mod

Reaction
just happen to have a 2016 1000 RZR Turbo for sale ! lots of factory add ons as well as skid plates, better tie rods and rear links. Just what you need . 1200 mile

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
A lot of peeps run rotopax.

Home

Click on "mounts" they have pretty much every make covered or a universal.

07FJRog

Reaction
Go non turbo 1000s for prerunning, plenty fast, even Pistol likes them, he has 3 or 4 of them.

RedRide

Reaction
Have 1000 miles of prerunning miles on my turbo 4 seater with zero issues. I did however drive my buddies new Can Am X3 2 seater and will tell you the performance is night and day. The Can Am is unbelievable in terms of acceleration and handling. The Polaris is a great utility vehicle and is plenty fast in a straight line, but lacks in cornering (understatement and high COG). Can Am is more like a race car.

harleys dad

Reaction
I have driven both turbo and a 4 seat non turbo, the performance as far as suspension is about the same and overall speed was about the same the turbo was quicker of course but I found both about the same in desert driving unless you want to rip a wheel off. I bought the non turbo 4 seat as I could not justify the big price difference in the 2 and have pre run it twice, lot of fun and a few upgrades I feel they make great pre runners, I have had zero issues they go plenty fast to pre run and mine has been real reliable. I did put a clutch kit a hundred dollor plus clutch bolt 32 in ITP ultra cross tires and method bead locks a cagewrx race cage and a few other things. Good luck

harleys dad

Reaction
Have 1000 miles of prerunning miles on my turbo 4 seater with zero issues. I did however drive my buddies new Can Am X3 2 seater and will tell you the performance is night and day. The Can Am is unbelievable in terms of acceleration and handling. The Polaris is a great utility vehicle and is plenty fast in a straight line, but lacks in cornering (understatement and high COG). Can Am is more like a race car.

I have not driven the can am but every video I see of the RZR turbo and the can am racing each other the rzr beats it on power and seams to handle the woops better. I cant see the rzr ever outcornering the can am as it certainly sits higher. The new can am looks very long
and looks like it will beat the crap out of the floor it certainly has a racer look to it