• Forum membership has its advantages....

POLL/ Class 1 unlimited

scott

*****************************************POLL*******************************************************************

DO YOU THINK CLASS 1 AND TROPHY TRUCK SHOULD COMBINE LIKE THE EARLY 90'S AND RUN ONE BIG UNLIMITED CLASS??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

TROPHY TRUCK/ CLASS 1'S WITH LIVE AXLE'S OVER 3,500LB aka Herbst/Herder Truggy's

Jimmy8

I think that the Trophy Trucks and the truggies could be combined into one class, with no engine and body rules, so anything could be accepted, and the class 1's (traditional) could stay the same. I don't know though, I think that the classes are fine the way they are. The traditional class 1 drivers need to step up to the truggies, and as of late it seems as they have.

Klaus

Administrator
I always thought that class one meant unlimited. In my opinion they should really open it up and allow forced induction (superchargers and turbos).

Have people get real creative. If its too fast for you move into class10 or one of the truck classes 8, 7, Protruck.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Why not put all the "unlimited" car's together and make one "real" unlimited class.

And while were at it, let's call it "Run What You Brung"!

Shaun

rdc

Here is a thought……….
What if all of the TT’s and CL. 1’s got together as one class. Then they all decided to set their own class rules (or lack of). Then they decided on where and when they would race. Say one race a month from March through October. And raced with different sanctioning bodies but not for their point’s but for the point system that they (this combined class) would set up for there self. Can you say power! TV would be totally interested as would sponsors and us fan’s. Not to mention the fact that racers from other class’s would cross over to the new found class (group) in droves. Like I said, just a thought.

Shaun

Klaus

Administrator
One argument NOT to combine Class One and TT is the weight of the vehicles and the safety.

TT's are heavy 5000+# vehicles. A lot of the class ones are light and nimble. Both of them go way fast. And its rather unsafe to mix the two.

Look at Laughlin. They run TT with 8's and Protrucks and the One run with 10 cars. Its not so much for the speed, but rather for safety.

rdc

Good point but on the other hand Laughlin is not the norm. Usually they are on the course at the same time and running with each other. For the most part it has never been a problem safety wise. I think at that level of off road racing with the vehicles so close as far as speed is concerned that the driver's are capable of running without any major safety issues between the type of vehicles being run.

Shaun

scott

Laughlin is a 13 mile loop, and now its 11, so cars are coming around faster. John has a great point, especially when it comes to PRIMM and the old FIREWORKS 250........