• Forum membership has its advantages....

POLL: Favorite Class to WATCH

Favorite Class to Watch

• Protruck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Class Eight

• Stock truck classes

• Class 5 & 5-1600

• Motorcycle Classes

• Class 7 & 7s

• Other(post your comments)

• Total voters

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Well, lets get a feel for what everyone thinks is the best class to <font color=red>WATCH</font color=red>........not race. Approach this poll from the spectator point of view.

<font color=red>Putting this pole together made me want to do another pole on "is there to many classes!"</font color=red>

Shaun

JenDiggityDirt

I had to vote for "other" because, although I might be a little biased, I think the MDR "Prerunner" classes have been incredibly fun to watch, especially when they drive their trucks there and then drive them home (if they're lucky). Also, I think a lot of people can relate to those trucks a lot more than a "real" race truck...it's what a lot of the spectators drive every day...so it makes it pretty exciting to see people out there beating trucks just like theirs. I'm sure it's inspiring to a lot of street-prerunners, too!

<font color=purple>Jen</font color=purple>

rdc

Good point Jen, and that's why I put other as an option. I based my little poll on SCORE classes just to get a feel for what people are in to but that's not to say that there are not a bunch of other classes and sanctioning bodies out there that are fun to watch as well.

Shaun

rdc

Look's like Trophy Truck is running away with it! Where are all you open wheel fan's?

Shaun

rdc

Well we have 66 votes as of 7pm Tuesday night. TT is killing the rest of the classes! Get your votes in.

<font color=red>Shaun</font color=red>

rdc

Just out of curiosity, is Class 9 a favorite of anybody’s? It has been a topic of a lot of conversation on the old board lately and I was just curios how many people were really interested in the class. This is not to knock the class by any means. Just a question.

Cameron

I like to watch class 9 when i'm not racing. The only thing is at most SCORE races the don't get enough cars to see a race. When there is 15 or more cars in a class they will tend to bunch up at times and you get to see a race instead of one car at time. I belive this holds true for any class. I like to find some good bumps and watch all the cars!!!

Cameron
BRAT Racing #936

rdc

11pm April 4 and there are 113 votes in and Trophy Truck & Class 1 are by far the classes enjoyed by more to watch. Anymore votes out there for the other classes. Where are all the "9" fans?

TimHayosh

When I am not in a race, I watch the Class 9's. Couldn't care less about the trucks or class one's. Don't get me wrong, I have the highest respect for those other classes. When on the track I do my best to stay out of their way. But for spectating pleasure, Class 9 is the most exciting for me. Everybody is more-or-less equal. Anyone could win on any given day. If there's a Herbst in the race, that's where the safe money is. Again, no disrespect! That is an amazing organization.

It would be easy to say I'm biased-I am. My quest for desert glory started with a truck, but could only be realized in Class 9. I wish I had $50k laying around. The bottom line on the class thing for me is; it doesn't really matter. Just being IN the race is an accomplishment. Glad to see the spectators there too.

Please note that this is posted as "TImHayosh" and not "FormulaNine.com". I speak only for myself when using this log-on.

Cheers, Tim 951

El Chinero

Timmy:

I watch them all! Everyone is running as hard as they can ... from "1" to "11". "9" is an excellent entry-level class ... affordable and no ultra-tech stuff to deal with. A lot of success depends upon shade-tree tricks ... as you can well attest!

Good luck in Sonora/Whiplash ... your next race?

TT

Tony T
El Chismoso

Eric

Even as a racer, I find myself drooling over the TT and the 1's but at Laughlin this year, I think the best racing was by far the 1/2 1600s... You guys are NUTS! I was spectating Sunday at the whoop section on top of the hill and was amazed at how fast they were cutting through the rough. Not even the 10's SL's or TT's were going through as fast.. Since then I have been watching more of the 1600s.

Eric

-------------------
Z-YA Racing

TimHayosh

Yo TT, glad to hear you haven't succumbed to mint julips and "boy howdy!" (How's them APU's?)
You are right. All classes are great! And all benefit from meticulous preparation.

And yes, Rocky Point on May 4-5 is the next outting for my car. I hear the course has changed a bit from last years. 2-100 mile laps rather than a single 200 miler. It won't be the same with out you.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

rdc

Well, it looks as though just about all the registered members took part in the poll. Thanks gal's & guys!

rdc

Oh, by the way....... not that it matters anyway but I'm a Class One & Ten guy.

Vtr_Racing

How can you not enjoy someone smokin across the dez on a bike. Its like a dance. I love watching a great rider in tune with his ride and terrain. Awesome sight to see. I am surprised I am the only one to post favorites are bikes. Vtr Racing

rdc

When I first did this little poll I thought it would be kinda spread out over all the classes. I never would have figured the TT and Cl. 1's to out vote all the other classes combined. Because lets face it, you do get some better racing action (car on car) in, say, 1/2 1600. Your thought's.

Shaun