Poll: What is a Truggy?

What is a Truggy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrZero

Reaction
This came up on another thread, so I thought I'd make a poll to sort it out.

miguelitro

Reaction
yeah waht is a brucky

Bulldozer

Reaction
A front engine vehicle with a solid axle read end and a buggy type body.

Young&Fast

Reaction
I think it is front engine with that looks like a buggy but has truck like rear suspension.
But its just my idea

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
A truggy is a butt kicking machine that is run by the Herbst family and is fun to watch working it's way up the totem pole as you chase to different points on the course.

BUTT KICKING MACHINE!

CHROMOLY77

Reaction
A truggy is a butt kicking machine that is run by the Herbst family and is fun to watch working it's way up the totem pole as you chase to different points on the course.

BUTT KICKING MACHINE!
you read my mind!!!

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
independent front suspension, solid rear axle, open wheeled desert racing machine

where is the engine in the herbst truggy? front or mid?

Gregg

tltony

Reaction
So, put a truck (or Camaro) body on a truggy, what do you have?

DTA 55

Reaction
A trophy camaro...i had an argument over on gd.com about how this guy swore that the scalzo "truggy" was the only real truggy, and all others were just claimers and werent real truggies.

I honestly dont think the scalzo car is a truggy even if it did adopt the name truggy (supposedly), i think herbst redefined what a truggy is, since they own, race, and win in THE TRUGGY. lol

Obviously i voted tube car, solid axle rear, front engine, with an either aluminum or fiber body that does not resemble anything else. IMO i think a truggy also has to have a front engine, IE the tubewerx car, that had solid rear end, and i think it was either mid or rear enigned, but it looked way too much like a buggy.

gwm

Reaction
If you don't know . . . you can fill in the rest.