Portable band saw

chace

Reaction
Website
www.myspace.com
Anyone make a top guide for a pert able bandsaw table? I just made a plate for mine and thinking of making a thinner blade for cutting tighter parts
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1482215915.862846.jpg

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

pwaleedraja

Reaction
I also have one portable Bandsaw. My Band saw is of Rikon. It works really smooth. One important thing that i got to know from a guide is that The weight of the machine is an important factor to consider.
Material with which the bandsaw is manufactured matters to most and on this, the real weight of the product depends.

Zambo

Reaction
I have a swag table for mine, it has the mitre gauge slots which is nice. The problem for me at least with my Milwaukee portaband is that there is no way to fine tune the angle. You are totally reliant on the two mounting screw holes to be perfect....which they aren't. I'd love to be able to make nice square cuts using the mitre gauge but they always some out with a slight angle. Despite that, I use the hell out of this tool for cutting damn near everything from tube to bolts to hose to plate, whatever.

Fourstroker

Reaction
I have a swag table for mine, it has the mitre gauge slots which is nice. The problem for me at least with my Milwaukee portaband is that there is no way to fine tune the angle. You are totally reliant on the two mounting screw holes to be perfect....which they aren't. I'd love to be able to make nice square cuts using the mitre gauge but they always some out with a slight angle. Despite that, I use the hell out of this tool for cutting damn near everything from tube to bolts to hose to plate, whatever.
I have the same setup. The issue is blade flex on the saw. Like you I use the absolute piss out of it. To the point that I rarely use my chopsaw any more at all

jeck987

Reaction
I also have Rikon and its really work right for me. It's doing high performance and effortless work. I did select it for long run and worthy work. Before selecting this one I checked articles and choose right among others.

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
I have a Milwaukee Portaban and Swag table. I have issues with blade flex and the throat depth. Can't cut anything too big. I added a foot pedal to mine, that was a huge upgrade.